Build Ideas?

The Corsair TX and the Seasonic are both made by Seasonic. The only difference is the TX650 is 650w and not modular, and the 520 is 520w and modular. Modular means some or all of the cables can be disconnected if they aren't used.

Depends on what you're talking about.

If you mean the modular cable system, yes. Having less cables in your system reduces heat absorption, increases airflow, and looks better due to less clutter. I prefer modular because I use only the cables built in plus 1 extra strand for molex to power my fans and SSD. (Besides right now, since I have my server integrated)

Wattage, that's a different story. Since Seasonic makes both the internals will be closer to identical. All single cards as of today can run on a 650w. That goes up to the GTX 690 which requires a minimum of 650w quality PSU. Most good cards as of right now require 550w or less which includes the 670 and such. The TDP of cards will only get lower as technology progresses. I tell most people you get a TX650w or equivalent and you'll be set for a few builds.

I plan to install a fan or two into the case (one I can buy locally) to increase the airflow in the machine, and I am the type of person who hates clutter and excess PSU connections in their system. AS long as the modular PSU will make the cut for power, I'd definitely prefer that.

Back
Top Bottom