Acer Laptop OS Inquiry

SCxnoxiousTechie

In Runtime
Guys i have here Asphire Acer Laptop

The current running is OS is Windows Xp
But we would like to change the Os to Linux
We are trying to search on google and we found Linpus linux but i dont know if that is compatible with this model
Any Suggestions what is the Best Version of Linux that we may put on this particular model?

Detailed Specs :

Acer Asphire 1 aoa 110
Microsoft Win Xp Home Edition
Service Pack 2
Bios Version Insydeh20 v0.3310
Processor Intel(R) Atom CPu n720 @ 1.60 GHZ
Memory 1524MB
Display : 945 express chipset family

how does this have anything to do with building or buying a new desktop?

the title of the thread give you two different clues about a more appropriate place to put this thread...

clue one: the word " laptop " might led you to believe the laptop section would be a better place for this thread
clue two: the word, really more of an abbreviation, " OS ". ANYWHERE in the sub category " Computer software " would have been more appropriate place for this thread, but the exact place that this thread belongs is in the computer software sub category of the website in the " Linux and Open Source " section, since your question is specifically about the linux operating system.

Thank you.

Last edited:
We get it, but you could of at least answered the question.

OP I'm pretty Ubuntu or any version of Linux would go on the laptop. The problem would be display drivers if the kernel doesn't natively support the older Intel IGP.

Easiest way to find out is to just burn the LiveCD and boot off of that and see if it runs.

Back
Top Bottom