Solid State Member
Don't know what graphic card i should buy

Current PC specs
ASRock H61M-HVS
NVIDIA GT520 1GB
480 Watt Power Supply
3.3 GHz Intel i3 2120
8GB DDR3-1333 MHz

I am wanting to upgrade the graphic card but don't know what to buy. I am wanting one that wouldn't have a issue playing games on max settings with at least 60fps
[Games such as Batman: Arkham City / Dead Space 2 / Battlefield 3 / Saints Row The Third / Crysis 2)
For i plan on making Let's Play videos

So if anyone knows a graphic card that can do what i'm wanting then please link or tell me it.
I would be very grateful.

Last edited:
What type of resolution do you play on. If your playing 1080p or higher - you may not be able to hold a full 60 fps with the system listed - unless on very low settings. IF you look at the recommended specs on those games I think they are slightly higher than the 520 for Video cards. The only difficulty with upgrading the GPU to a mid level gaming GPU such as a 560ti or at least a 550 ti ( if you want to stay with Nvidia) is you may have to upgrade the PSU as well. Your MOBO listed has a PCI-e slot for a higher level GPU so thats no problem, Make sure you have enough room in the case for the size of the better GPU you choose to go with. The 480 watt PSU you have may be enough ( iffy) - what type of PSU is it? What is your budget? Are you playing/recording from one monitor or 2? When shopping for a better GPU , you can find out the size and the recommended PSU wattage for each GPU your looking at at there respective manufacturers website if not listed in the webstore you looking at. Newegg usually lists the recommended wattage, but not always.

My question was not very clear so just fixed that >.< was half asleep when i wrote it.
I have plenty of room in my tower & i was expecting to most likely have to upgrade my psu. so neither of those will be a issue ^_^
Budget wise i got $1000 free to spend atm so don't think that will be either :)

If you want to make videos in 1080p I suggest a lot of upgrading to be honest since you have a $1000 budget. Reason being, is you will want a quad core, at the minimum a GTX 660ti, and you will need a new PSU for that, as well as a fast 7200RPM drive to record to.

If you are willing to do this then we can get it going.

Have had internet issues for like a week if not more... so sorry for not replying

Budget is exactly $1700 now
So went looking at ibuypower's website and i'm thinking of going with this

It is $1600 with $75 shipping, and its a mini which is good considering my small room & desk.
iBUYPOWER Revolt Mini Tower Gaming Case
Intel® Core™ i7-3770K Processor (4x 3.50GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
NZXT Kraken X40 Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 140mm Radiator
16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR3-1600 Corsair Vengeance
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 - 2GB - EVGA FTW - Core: 1084MHz
iBUYPOWER IBP-Z77E/S Motherboard
500 Watt - Revolt Power Supply
2 TB WD Black HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200rpm, 6.0Gb/s Single Drive
Sony Slot Load DVDRW
Windows 8 64bit
iBUYPOWER Precision Gaming Mouse Midnight Black
[FREE] - Razer Arctosa Gaming Keyboard
[FREE] Creative Labs Fatal1ty Gaming Headset
[FREE Game Voucher] - Assassins Creed III

thoughts?

Last edited:
That build is worth around 1300 or so, and I don't trust the PSU. It'll get the job done if it's what you want, but for that kind of money you can make an mITX rig (small) possibly a bit more powerful with a much better PSU.

Is this better then? went with picking parts on newegg instead of building a pc on ibuypower this time... and went with a bigger tower / 2 hard drives

$1,434.89
COUGAR Challenger Black Steel ATX Computer Case
ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 ATX Intel Motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX PSU
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) Quad-Core Desktop Processor
X2 Western Digital WD Black 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
ASUS DRW-24B1ST
CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 (CWCH60) High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
AVEXIR Core Series SDRAM 16GB Kit (4 x 4GB) Quad Channel 240-pin CL9 DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal

Last edited:
You could drop the TX750 to the 650, drop the H60 since you don't need it, drop the 3770k for the 3570k, and drop the RAM to 2x4GB of Corsair, G.Skill, Patriot, or Kingston. With all this I highly suggest getting at least a 128GB SSD.

Reasons for said recommendations.

The TX650 is enough power for the rig you want to put together and will save a few bucks. It'll also last 3-5 years worth of upgrades as long as you stay with a single GPU.
The 3770k is a 3570k with a hefty price tag and HT. The HT doesn't help with game recording. On my 3960x I actually turned HT off.
No game uses in excess of 2.5GB of RAM, and so therefor having 16GB of RAM is pointless. Not only that, but you don't want 4 sticks, you want 2. Less stress on the IMC and room for upgrade later on if you actually need it. (doubtful) Not only that, but you want a good brand, not some off brand. 1600MHz speed is fine.
Now to the SSD, it speeds up literally almost every aspect of your computing experience. The only thing it doesn't help is FPS, but in loading and latency times an SSD is ridiculously faster than a standard drive.
As for the H60. You don't need to OC that chip at all, and so you don't need expensive aftermarket cooling. If you ever come to the need 4 years down the road (another doubtful) then there will be cheaper and most likely better solutions than an H60. The AIO scene is in high gear so I expect some crazy good stuff coming out 2-3 years from now.

I myself purchased a H60 and now is in the box in the closed. i have a cooler master v8 i got it for half the price the h60 cost me its performing a lot better and is not even liquid cooling lol. I'm sure there are better ones but this baby is meeting my needs and it looks freaking awesome . i haven't oced my cpu either i just wanted the extra cooling im paranoid about my cooling that's all.

I hate the V8 but some people like it. The fan in it sucks, it is extremely hard to clean without a high pressure air compressor, doesn't cool as good as other similarly sized air coolers, and when I got it the price was as much as a TRUE120. The H60 will perform better, but anybody who has a stock CPU don't even need to replace the stock cooler.

Back
Top Bottom