display adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordrom

Beta member
bought second hand laptop. was working fine. now when it boots up the screen size is the size of a postcard rather than the full size.

have tried to change settings, but doesn't let me increase screen size.

apparently it's something to do with the display adapter but don't know what to do to fix it

any thoughts?

i'd figured that much out.

how do i know what driver i need and where can i get it from and how do i re install it?

best place to look for drivers for a laptop is from the support page from the manufacturer. If it's not listed on the support page, a quick email to the support department can usually procure at least information on where to get the software. That may not be the only problem though..

An LCD display is touchy and if it's not getting the right amount of current (electricity) across the entire face of the display it could cause this kind of problem. That isn't something that can be fixed. Is there any discoloration, streaking or "oil on water" shapes around the outside of the image? If so then this would be an indication of a problem with the LCD controller.

For a little more information on that, what occured prior to this happening? New software, addition of a pcmcia card, update to windows, ANYTHING. Retrace your steps for the useage just prior to this. If you can, roll the system back prior to any changes that you made and find out if this corrects it (using either a roll back program on the system or scanreg from a DOS boot). Alot of times something as (presumably) innocuous as installing Kazaa can pooch your registry and there's the cause of your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom