good place to buy?

wonderings

Baseband Member
I am thinking of buying a new PC for gaming. Not a hardcore gamer, but do want some power that will last a while. Currently using a dell that I crammed a larger PSU in and a 560ti.

Looking to spend in the $1000 CDN range, and probably looking for ready made as time is just not there for me right now to be able to get everything in place. Any recommendations for systems?

Would like to play some modern FPS games in highest settings if it fits my price range, as well as games like Guild Wars 2.

This computer would be strictly for gaming, not needing it for anything other then that.

Thanks

I don't agree with that pre-built. OP what do you currently have for a CPU? The 660 is only marginally better than the 560ti. Depending on your CPU and RAM setup you could probably get away with upgrading to a 660ti or 670 without the need to overhaul your system and ditch your current computer. Currently a 560ti can play pretty much any game on high with good frames so just curious there.

It has an i7 processor, not sure what version of it though.

Part of what I want also, is some upgradeability to tinker when I have times. Things like 2 video cards and such, the tower I have is very small and barely fits in the 560ti and PSU. Cannot really add anything to it as there is just no more room

The GTX 660ti/670 physically (board) is smaller than the 560ti. The cooler itself is with the board is about the same size if not an inch shorter or so.

If you already have an i7 then really no point in upgrading the CPU/ect. Gaming is GPU dependent and with an i7 upgrading to a newer CPU like the 3570k will only give you marginal gains. Considering the fact that you wanted a pre-built for lack of time wanting to tinker with dual cards kind of contradicts that IMO. Not to mention, dual card solutions are not really that great and you would be better off with a good single card solution like the 680.

I know you want to probably ditch the Dell and all, but really if you have an i7 it would be a waste of money.

The GTX 660ti/670 physically (board) is smaller than the 560ti. The cooler itself is with the board is about the same size if not an inch shorter or so.

If you already have an i7 then really no point in upgrading the CPU/ect. Gaming is GPU dependent and with an i7 upgrading to a newer CPU like the 3570k will only give you marginal gains. Considering the fact that you wanted a pre-built for lack of time wanting to tinker with dual cards kind of contradicts that IMO. Not to mention, dual card solutions are not really that great and you would be better off with a good single card solution like the 680.

I know you want to probably ditch the Dell and all, but really if you have an i7 it would be a waste of money.

Thanks for your input, I am all ears for suggestions, not set on anything. My thinking was bigger case and something that allows for options in the future. I could try just upgrading the gpu and see what improvements are there.

Motherboard looks like a standard mATX board. Would fit in pretty much any regular aftermarket case. You could also buy a Z77 board and toss the 2600 in it + your RAM if you wanted to.

Motherboard looks like a standard mATX board. Would fit in pretty much any regular aftermarket case. You could also buy a Z77 board and toss the 2600 in it + your RAM if you wanted to.

Do motherboards make a real difference when it comes to things like gaming? Or is it more for upgradeability and future proofing?

Back
Top Bottom