Mobo and GPU recommendations

Just how the engine works. Sort of how Crysis FPS is below average yet still smooth. People mistaked it for just being extremely taxing on the current hardware. I realized this at an early stage and put it in my head 30FPS on 7950GT SLI is fine with 4xAA and extreme mods.

Obviously I have Vsync off, or else I wouldn't have above 60FPS solid. I don't play FPS with Vsync on due to input lag. Anything else is fine.

So, your GPU usage is 99% or less? Also, I don't think what you said makes my problem any more normal.

Less than 99%. 1920x1200, maxed, 4xAA, no Vsync, 64 player map with 58 players. Stock GPU and CPU in my sig.

20130108_122823.jpg

Using less than 99% GPU is a good thing and the situation is normal. I tell people stop looking at graphs and numbers and just play the game. The freezing is the abnormality here, not GPU usage. You also shouldn't be getting FPS dips like you explained in the other thread. All of that could be caused by the PSU having a 12v dip during load causing your GPU to basically derp out for a split second until the PSU can recover.

I'm thinking that I'm maybe not correctly connecting my PSU? My PSU is dual rail but I'm using the PCIe cables which are permanently attached to the PSU without specifying if it should use 12V1 or 12V2. Could this be causing power dips?

Hmm, it sorta wouldn't make no sense that this cable management is the cause tho, as my GTX 560 Ti used 2x6-pin PCIE connectors and had same issue. Or I am missing something here?

Last edited:
If you can, take it back and have him try a different brand PSU in your rig. Or if you can, use your friends PSU to see if it fixes anything. If you have identical hardware and you use his PSU that doesn't cause problems then technically it should fix your problem too. If that doesn't work, you got something software wise screwing up like I indicated before.

I don't think he'll let me use another PSU again, as I tried another PSU but tried it on sadly only one game, which seemed to be problematic with almost everyone ( NFSMW 2012 )
Could it be one of the mobo cables? He told me when he changed the mobo he used the same cables as the previous mobo.

No. The likelihood of a SATA cable being bad is slim to none, and if it was the drive wouldn't work. Those are the only cables I can think of you are talking about.

Back
Top Bottom