raid controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohGrFreak said:
It looks like it's on a regular cable to me. Does it have to be on the same cable as the HD?

no i didn't mean that.

you said your devices are on a raid ide. I was wondering why you didn't have them on the regular ide. when i put my cd dvd rom,writers on my raid, it don't see them, but my regular ide do

but, i uninstalled raid and then my drive worked perfectly, so obviously it is not on raid. but raid did have something to do with the program not finding the aspi drivers for the dvd/cd drive that was on a regular ide cable, because the second i uninstalled raid, my drive started working with that program.

sorry for the misunderstanding, i am prolly the most confused person in this thread, i don't see how one thing would have any affect on another thing like that.

the top 3 are my regular Ide slots plus floopy. the bottom 2 are my raid slots

the raid (bottom) doesn't recognize my cd,dvd drive, but recognize my hard drives

the regular ones (top) recognize all of them.

I was wondering if your setup was something like mine

You go into Bios to disable the raid.I use raid on my computer and its so much faster than it was.

sPlAtOiD said:
You go into Bios to disable the raid.I use raid on my computer and its so much faster than it was.

Yes, I am going to disable Raid as I stated in one of my previous posts, I just haven't reinstalled the Raid yet to disable it. Everything is working fine, so why bother just yet? LOL.

And EricB, what was the point of you posting your mobo? To show me that the Raid and the IDE looks suprisingly similar and I might have put my DVD/CD burner on the Raid setup instead? Well the HD and the burner work fine, and I have no Raid drivers, so it's all good for now I guess.

Thanks guys for the help,
Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom