cheapness is not a sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pridurak

In Runtime
I am going to get a new comp in month and I am just wondering what is the best way to go about getting a fast computer for good prices? Well I am not getting it at future shop or some shit but right now I looking at getting a custom computer from a computer store called A-Power (www.a-power.com). As far as shops go in my area I know they are reliable and have reasonable prices. What I am really wondering is it cheaper to get parts from sites such as www.newegg.com and www.zipzoomfly.com? also is it reliable? oh yes, and I am in Canadian so I am dealing with canadian prices and what not ;)

I have bought numerous items from newegg.com and they are a top quality store. Great stuff at very good prices and their shipping is very fast. If you plan on buying components and putting together your own pc newegg is a great place to start.

ok so do you think I would save a lot of money buy shopping for parts online as opposed to getting me stuff from a-power?

I am getting a
AMD 64 3500+ 939 socket
asus a8v-dx socket 939
PC3200 512x2=1gb DDR400
LG GSAa4160BB 16x16 DVD+RW
Western Digital 160GB SATA 7200rpm
Nvidia 6800GT (leadtek or eVGA)
LG 19in Flat T910b
Logitech X-530 70w 5spk w/sub
Total +GST+PST= $2436.46

I just searched them really fast... based on what I found you can get that for around $1,600 purchasing the components seperatly and assembling them yourself... Minus the case and PSU that is.

My pricing isn't dead on, but its surely less than $2,500! Anyone else get appx the same price?

BTW - I used price grabber, price watch, and new egg for the prices...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom