MSI Afterburner problem.

steve10765

Daemon Poster
This is how MSI Afterburner's settings tab should look(I had to change my resolution to see this)
Capture.jpg

This is how mine looks
Captureh.jpg

does anybody know how to fix this?

Change your resolution back and lower the top bar to about mid screen. When you put your res back you'll be able to move it so you can see it.

Change your resolution back and lower the top bar to about mid screen. When you put your res back you'll be able to move it so you can see it.
I have done this many times but I am getting sick of it, every time I start up afterburner and go on settings its like that, do you know how to fix this?

Then just set your settings and create profiles in the other res. I only have one reason to view their actual settings page and that is to unlock voltage.

That res isn't supported by afterburner

MSI Afterburner settings too large on my screen - Guru3D.com Forums

They do make a good point though, no real reason to overclock at that resolution.

I would recommend getting a quality monitor, 720p tv's look horrible while gaming and such imo, there are some nice 24 and 27" monitors out there with your name on it with at least 1080p
thanks for finding that for me... I sit about 5-7ft away from my tv all the time, so I don't notice the resolution as much as if I was 1 or 2ft away(you can see the dots). ANYWAY i heard about the video capture and wanted to check that out. Also I think at lower resolutions my CPU does more work, is that why you mentioned it? I am not sure if this is entirely true. How should I know if I need to overclock my CPU? it never really goes over 80% use. I also have an aftermarket cooler, I wanted to buy it now instead of later so I could overclock the **** out of my CPU about 4 months before I get a new CPU(at some point in the future)
maybe you could link a thread if your up to it? Based on PP mguires post about CPU's and gaming it doesn't make much off a difference...

The CPU does do more work in theory, but overclocking the CPU wont do much of a difference. The theory behind that is really geared to lower resolution than that, in which the GPU processes the information much more quickly due to lower res textures and so it has to wait for the CPU to keep up feeding it information. In a nutshell anyways.

Thing is, even with that being said depending on what game you are playing the FPS difference still comes from a GPU overclock. In which case depending on what you are playing an OC is pointless at that res unless you are playing a highly modified copy of Skyrim. Your rig should be able to handle anything else easily at stock clocks.

Anyways, I would suggest doing what I said. Set your settings in the other res to what you want then just set it back. There aren't that many options to mess with and most all of them seem to be a set and forget except maybe the hotkey.

WOW windows basic makes a big difference in performance... When I stard recording with MSI it changes it to windows basic... Thinking recording made me loose performance I ran a quick MSI komboster and furmark
not recording recording
20fps 21fps furmark
19fps 24 fps kombuster (i had phsyX on kombuster so changing the color scheme affected that the most.

wow windows is such a hog!

Back
Top Bottom