secondary HDD freezes

cp0020

In Runtime
hey guys, just have a quick question. hoping someone may know of a solution. i recently purchased a new vertex 4 SSD. installed win8 on it and have my 1TB samsung spinpoint F3 for storage. i have steam installed on my HDD. well whenever i go to do anything that has to do with my HDD it freezes up for like 5 seconds. lets say i am clicking on a folder in my HDD, it will freeze up for about 5 seconds and then open the folder. or if i am scrolling through my steam games it will freeze up halfway for a few seconds and then i can finish scrolling. i have done a disk cleanup and a defrag twice already. i turn the pc off every night so that is not it. i don't know what else to do. this is really gonna suck when my apple fanboy uncles ever wanna use my computer :/

It's probably going into power save mode. Go into your power settings in control panel, advanced power settings, and find the section on HDD's. Should be an option of when the HDD shuts off to dave power. Set it to 0 minutes to disable it on your 1TB drive.

It's probably going into power save mode. Go into your power settings in control panel, advanced power settings, and find the section on HDD's. Should be an option of when the HDD shuts off to dave power. Set it to 0 minutes to disable it on your 1TB drive.

ah! it was set to 20 minutes. thanks man! :) i will report back soon. i really appreciate it :):):)

Back
Top Bottom