Geforce 6800 gt 256mb oc Not running right...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProBaller25

Baseband Member
Sup guys i installed my geforce 6800 gt oc 256mb vid card a few days ago.. I play counter-strike source and for some reason i dont notice any diffrence at all from my old 9800 xt which kinda piss me off. Im not sure if my computer is bottlenecking the performance of this card or what but i cant even crank the graphics, everything is set to medium and i dip below 50 fps which blows. Iv ran a couple programs to get rid of all the ati files and anything that involved my old graphics card. Im not sure if its just cs but i can run doom 3 on ULTRA and have no problems. So im not exactly sure if the problem evolved in cs source it self or my computer but either way im not pleased what so ever.Then on the other hand i talk to some cs source players and they have less of a system then i got and there having no problems at all. ANy ideas on what could make this happen? Any settings i should know about or change? Does the ati card files get written right into the registry it self and if so how can i get rid of all of them?And also how do i find updated drivers for my mother board i have no clue what it is. This comp is a DELL XPS (yea dont laugh) so im not sure where i could download updates on the motherboard it self. SPECS ARE IN MY SIG THANKS.

Hey, the best thing to do when moving from ATI to Nvidia is always reformat. You are likely to run into problems such as these if you don't. Since you run Doom 3 without a problem, I would think that your graphics card is not faulty. The thing I suggest is a reformat.

Gave it to my little brother. Iv never reformated a computer before and have no clue what it does. Im new to this stuff but i can catch on fast. I would asume when you reformat it deletes everything from ur hard drive? Does this mean i have to reinstall windows 2? Or what happens when you reformat? Sorry for sounding liek a noob.

When you reformat you have to reinstall everything.But ive never heard of having to reformat between the two cards befor.Have you checked to see if the drivers are the newest drivers.

Yeah, you wipe everything on the computer's HDD that you format. This also means that you have to install the Operating System again. It isnt that hard but if and when you get to this point you can post back and have someone help you out. The problem also might lie in the fact that ATi is optimized for the Source engine, not nVIDIA. My GT performs nicely with no problems whatsoever...

ok well i just got finished reformating so my comps starting out fresh. Im currently on my laptop becouse for some reason i cant get the ethernet card to install so i cant get a internet conection with the computer .. any ideas? I went to add new program and there is a ? over the ethernet card only thing is i dont have a driver disc and my comps a Dell xps so i got no clue what kind it is. But if i can find out what kind it is some how ill get the drivers on my laptop burn them to a cd and put them on the computer .any help here will be apreciated thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom