dual layers

Status
Not open for further replies.

helios

Beta member
Hi, I have got a DVD -R/RW Writer and I havent actually tried it yet. But what I wanted to know is can I write to dual layers and if so what do I do? or is it automatically done?

I am talking about for duplicating already Dual Layer DVDs, if it is not possible can I some how put it across 2 disks?

-Mark

OLD THREAD GONE DEAD....

:) :D ha aha...

Hi, I have got a DVD -R/RW Writer and I havent actually tried it yet. But what I wanted to know is can I write to dual layers and if so what do I do? or is it automatically done?

Your DVD Writer should support 'Dual layer burn' to burn DVD's with dual layers. Check with the manufacturer site regarding the support.!

Only if its a new expensive DVD writer will it support dual-layer. Chances are, if you bought your DVD writer before June, it wont support dual layer.

beedubaya said:
Only if its a new expensive DVD writer will it support dual-layer. Chances are, if you bought your DVD writer before June, it wont support dual layer.
I hardly call 100 bucks expensive in the world of computers. Yes, wal-mart has a "lite on" 2.4x DL burner with 16x DVD-/+R and CD-R combo drive for 109.99.

79.99 for 12x samsung dual layer at microcenter

use smartripper (for scratched dvds) or dvd shrink to rip dvd to hard drive nero to burn the dvd from the hard drive

EricB said:
79.99 for 12x samsung dual layer

use smartripper (for scratched dvds) or dvd shrink to rip dvd to hard drive nero to burn the dvd from the hard drive

Wow, I didn't know they are THAT cheap now, I guess I haven't looked in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom