Help me find a new PSU please!

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
The times have changed and I don't remember any of this junk I used to dabble in so hard (been playing too many games and not reading up on hardware)

Farcry 3 and Metro 2033 and then BOOM. No power.

PSU is DEAD! Tried paperclip test to see if it was something else but it didn't work! (even tried multiple black cables thinking maybe I didn't read the chart right the first time)

So my TX 750W Corsair PSU is dead in under 4 years with it's "5 year warranty" listed on the box - the only problem is Corsair is NOT REPLYING TO ME. I have sent requests and mail and even called them and got no details back. Just generic "what's the problem, have you tried this, I don't know what else to try" messages. I flat out told them "I need a new unit, RMA this thing back, it's not working and the BOX that I still have from oP says 5 years on it, it was 2009 when I bought it, 5 years makes it 2014, it only made it to 2013 at the most."

They have yet to reply again. So while I wait. ... let's do some shopping boys!

Let's find me another PSU that will work in my HAF 932 case. Although I plan to upgrade sometime this year or next (Everything, cuz to upgrade GPU I gotta get a new MOBO) so let's make sure the Wattage is a bit "future proof".

I want reliable over gimmick! Saving $20 now isn't worth dying 1 year sooner.

Last edited:
You wouldn't have to upgrade the mobo to get a new GPU really, that should be fine if you didn't feel the need to upgrade the CPU. The main downside to your mobo is the RAM cap @ 12gb, but I guess that depends on if 6gb has been working out for you.

What GPU do you think you are planning on getting?

EDIT:

You could get a Seagate

I'd be so weirded out is Seagate started making PSUs rofl.

You wouldn't have to upgrade the mobo to get a new GPU really, that should be fine if you didn't feel the need to upgrade the CPU. The main downside to your mobo is the RAM cap @ 12gb, but I guess that depends on if 6gb has been working out for you.

What GPU do you think you are planning on getting?

EDIT:

I'd be so weirded out is Seagate started making PSUs rofl.
Good catch. Funny thing, I put Seagate, then in the next sentence Seasonic. I was looking at 3TB drives when I posted that. Brains work weird.

that is crazy talk, i have RMAd so many things from corsair! where do you live? if you live on the west coast call and ask for harold. er better yet, here is his email address:

haroldn@corsair.com

he is the corsair RMA rep, he is in charge of all RMAs for corsair. send an email to that address, and it will get squared away, no doubts in my mind!

Back
Top Bottom