Current system
Manufacturer-Cyberpower
Picture of mother board-http://postimage.org/image/k3c4ryfdn/db408f9b/
Processor-AMD Athlon(tm)II x4 630 2.80 GHz
RAM-4.00 GB
Power supply-Seasonic M12II 520 bronze 520W ATX12v
Graphics card-Radeon HD 7850 1GB 256-bit
operating system-windows 7 64-bit

Also my computer says i have 4GB's of ram but only 3GB's are usable so i probably need more ram, whats some good brands? Would i need to upgrade my motherboard along with a cpu upgrade?

Your CPU is perfectly capable of running BF3 right now. Even though I can't see clearly what the model number is in that pic my guess would be you need a new board with the CPU and RAM upgrade.

Your CPU is perfectly capable of running BF3 right now. Even though I can't see clearly what the model number is in that pic my guess would be you need a new board with the CPU and RAM upgrade.

msi motherboard k9n6pgm2-v2(MS-7309)

Your motherboard is capable of handling up to 95w Phenom 2 CPUs at the max. So nothing like the 965BE, and no FX CPUs either.
Should i upgrade my cpu or motherboard or both. Upgrading the motherboard sounds really complicated.

If you upgrade your motherboard you will need new RAM too, and it's pointless if you don't upgrade the CPU. Why exactly do you want to upgrade these components? If it's for BF3, a GPU upgrade makes more of a difference since you already have a quad core CPU.

If you upgrade your motherboard you will need new RAM too, and it's pointless if you don't upgrade the CPU. Why exactly do you want to upgrade these components? If it's for BF3, a GPU upgrade makes more of a difference since you already have a quad core CPU.

Well i just bought this gpu i haven't installed it yet because i need a new psu do you have an idea on what kind of fps this gpu would get on bf3. Should i try and send this gpu back an get a better one? I could probably spend around $200-$300 on a gpu along with a ram upgrade.

4GB of RAM already gets the job done easy so buying more DDR2 is a waste. If you already have the 7850 just wait and see how it fairs, because I think it'll be fine. My 5850 and 6000+ (about half the performance of what you have) did a solid 59fps average on all high in BF3 at 1080p with no AA.

4GB of RAM already gets the job done easy so buying more DDR2 is a waste. If you already have the 7850 just wait and see how it fairs, because I think it'll be fine. My 5850 and 6000+ (about half the performance of what you have) did a solid 59fps average on all high in BF3 at 1080p with no AA.
For some reason it says i have 4 GB of ram but only 3 GB's are usable

Back
Top Bottom