[IDEA] View new responses to threads you've posted in

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
I've seen this on other forums, geekhack.org in particular, where there's a button much like new posts, but rather than showing you all the new posts, it only shows new unread responses to threads you've posted in. For me it would be nice cause I'm not on everyday or even every other day, so when I hit new posts to see if someone's replied to a thread I could have 5-7 pages of new posts that I don't really want to sift through. Not sure if it's possible to implement on VBulletin but I think it would be a nice feature. (The link could replace calendar cause lets be honest most users don't use it. I assume mods might use it more, but I don't think I've ever used it..)

Unless you specify, you automatically subscribe to threads you post in (without email notification). Just click the 'User CP' at the top and it shows you all the threads you've posted in that have new responses. I use this all the time.

If you click the button that looks like a downwards pointing arrow to the left of the thread title (on any thread where there are unread posts) you will be taken to the first post that you haven't read.

Is that what you were looking for?

Unless you specify, you automatically subscribe to threads you post in (without email notification). Just click the 'User CP' at the top and it shows you all the threads you've posted in that have new responses. I use this all the time.

I think I specified to not subscribe at all, cause I don't have anything in that section. I'll have to try it out to see if how it works.

If you click the button that looks like a downwards pointing arrow to the left of the thread title (on any thread where there are unread posts) you will be taken to the first post that you haven't read.

Is that what you were looking for?

No, I'm looking for something that's just like New Posts, but only for threads I've posted in.

If you subscribe to the topics and then to the UserCP section like carnage suggested, then click the arrow like kmote suggested it will do what you want.

Yep, subscribed threads make things nice when there is an update... Once in awhile I have to go and clear some old threads out that I ain't interested in, but it's handy for quick looking.

I think I specified to not subscribe at all, cause I don't have anything in that section. I'll have to try it out to see if how it works.

No, I'm looking for something that's just like New Posts, but only for threads I've posted in.

Yeah, if you selected to not subscribe to anything, then that's probably why you don't see anything there.

Ok I changed it so it automatically subs, and that seems to work pretty nicely. I'll have to give it a day or two to really test it, but looks good thanks!

Back
Top Bottom