Radeon HD 7770 - Help?

TheRoo

Baseband Member
I made a forum post earlier about me ordering the HIS Radeon HD 7770 iCooler 1GB GHz Edition, and as this will be my first time ever replacing an older video card (which is an AMD Radeon HD 6670 2GB), I have a few questions.

1. I think I've downloaded the correct, latest, drivers for my new 7770, but just to be sure before it gets here, can anyone link me to the exact (latest) drivers that I will need for Windows 7 x64? I don't want to make any mistakes with AMD drivers. We know how that will turn out.

2. Is it vital to uninstall the old drivers (from my old 6670 card), before installing the new 7770 drivers? If so, how would I go about doing so?

3. I've heard from a friend that it's smarter to install the drivers for your new video card, before actually plugging it into your motherboard. Is this true?

Many thanks ahead of time, guys/gals. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If you have the auto update enabled then you should already have the latest drivers as they are the same for both cards. If that's the case, it's as simple as taking the old card out, putting the new one in, letting Windows do its thing, then reboot.

Back
Top Bottom