New Build for Work (Rack Based)

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Ok, I am building a small simple build that I can throw in a rack at work, its going to have up to 8 drives max, It's basically just going to have a Win7 image on it because the only thing this build is going to be used for is video storage dumping from one of the cams in the building.

So ,,, I need help finding the following:

Rack Chassis + PSU

The rest I'll be able to work around, just need to figure out what case I can work with,.

Thanks!

Would probably prefer a 4U I would assume so I can have more play,,, and would like to be able to use a basic FullATX or Micro, whichever fits, as well as a standard PSU.. Trying to keep it fairly cheap... The whole build I want to be less than $1,000 (I already have hdd's)

Primarily because I really need to run 2 nic cards. 2 Separate Domain's as well as a few programs unique to this domain, used for monitoring certain equipment here as well, Instead of just the Video, I would use a NAS, but its a lot more complicated than that for the most part.

**BTW, that 4u is out of stock, I had found one earlier I just wasn't sure as to how it would work out.

***** HERE - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811182566

Hmm, I'll look into that, or else maybe I'll stay at the full ATX Case, and Just put it in a rack with a lot of space, and forget the rack chassis.

Depends on what ATX case you want honestly. The Rosewill has 2 intake fans blowing over all 8 drives directly which is what you want to keep them cool. A single 120mm Scythe Kaze wasn't enough to keep all 6 of my server drives cool with minimum restriction and so they ran a tad warm. A lot of cases have a lot of air restriction due to the HDD cage or something like that so I would look heavily into a case with dual 120mm fans in the front with a front to back facing HDD case like the Antec 900 or 1200 (for example).

Back
Top Bottom