Estimating an old pc

alex691800

Beta member
Hey guys! I'm selling my old Acer pc wich I bought in 2009. I was wondering if you could give a price that that pc would be worth...

Here are the specs:

Product Highlights
Product Type: Desktop Computer
Standard Memory: 6 GB
Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
Form Factor: Mini-tower
Processor Speed: 3.20 GHz
Processor Type: Core i5
Processor Model: i5-650
Processor Manufacturer: Intel
750Gb hard drive
Optical drive: DVD-Writer
Graphic Card: None, integrated one...
I bought it 699,99$ (CAD) at the time.

So that's pretty much it... I was thinking about like around 300$ ? What do you say?

Last edited:
300 would be my guess as well. All depends on where you are selling though. Here in the DFW area I wouldn't be able to move that for 150, yet people try to sell me a 6800GT for 200 bucks. Pathetic.

i literally ( im still sweating from wrestleing the big case ), just packed up a system that i sold for $450 with the following specs:

corsair 600T
EVGA X58 mobo
i7 920
6 gigs corsair 1600 ram
two 1tb WD black drives
corsair 850W PSU
thermalright ultra 120 cpu cooler
dvd burner
no GPU

i just sold that to a guy for $450, had to haggle tooth and nail to get $450... so that gives you an idea ;)

used computers just arent worth much, especially to people who know what a used computer is worth. the guy i sold tha tto literally has to throw in any current gen graphics card and can play any game at maxed settings, for a total cost to him of about $ 650 - $700.

With sales, patience pays off. There will always be someone who will pay too much. That PC you listed is probably worth 250 - 300, but start at 370 and let them chew you down to 325.

Last edited:
Maybe, maybe not. If he's not in a rush to sell, it never hurts to ask a higher price at first. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesent. I've always been pretty lucky to get what I want for the price I want to pay and vis versa when I'm making a sale.

It really depends on how you go about trying to sell it; and who you're selling it to. Generally someone with little to no experience or knowledge about PCs might buy one like that for around $300 (optimistically speaking of course). But as Sean W. said, used computers just aren't worth very much. People in my town still want around $200 for "customized" PCs with "entry level" dual-core processors. Ain't gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom