New Build (SLOW)

MichaelH

Baseband Member
I built a new computer with the following parts (Running Windows 8 PRO)

MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4

CPU: Intel i5-3570 (Not Overclocked)

GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 670

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile Desktop Memory Model CML8GX3M2A1600C9

I got my 1TB hardrive from an old HP computer I bought.

The problem is that sometimes the computer freezes and it stays frozen for a couple of minutes. Also the internet sometimes cuts off and applications either take forever to open or won't open at all. This happens EVERYDAY! I have checked with MalwareBytes and got nothing.

Maybe it could be the HardDrive? No idea. Please help me.

Yes they are. I had to get them from the Asrock website.

And I forgot to mention my Power Supply is 650 watts. Could that be why it's lagging?

Last edited:
Yes they are. I had to get them from the Asrock website.

And I forgot to mention my Power Supply is 650 watts. Could that be why it's lagging?

If you really don't mind, download windows 7 iso or grab a dvd from someone and try 7 and see what happens.
If you get the same thing again, call asrock or do direct online support with them.

If all else fails, I would consider looking into gigabyte or msi for your setup..
I have heard multiple problems with this mobo you got.

I did the HDD test and got these as fails*http://imgur.com/a/q5VHiThe rest were passed.**Smart DS, and Short Generic tests passed. I used the Seatools for Windows.

Thats a good starter, I can't see your image because its offline.
Use photobucket or imageshack.us to host the pic.
Tell me which hard drive failed, once I know that and your under warrenty we can get the rma process rolling. :)

Any other drive thats working, I recommend you use that one and about 70gbs of space for windows 8 so it can branch out with whatever things it may download.

Happy new year. :cool:

It was just imagines of the failed tests. I took the hard drive from an old HP computer that was having a similar problem. Maybe that was the cause. I was thinking of buying one from Frys.

It was just imagines of the failed tests. I took the hard drive from an old HP computer that was having a similar problem. Maybe that was the cause. I was thinking of buying one from Frys.

I see, in that case pricematch frys against newegg.com and amazon.com "new".
See if you can pick up a western digital blue 500gb on 7200rpm.

I have one in my machine for the past 4 years, still happy as can be and no quirks most of the time.
In the meanwhile take your other hard drive and use it for windows 8 again.
If no problems arise within 24 hours you were right, if so it maybe 8 itself or the machine... :/

Good luck Mike.

I built a new computer with the following parts (Running Windows 8 PRO)

MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4

CPU: Intel i5-3570 (Not Overclocked)

GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 670

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile Desktop Memory Model CML8GX3M2A1600C9

I got my 1TB hardrive from an old HP computer I bought.

The problem is that sometimes the computer freezes and it stays frozen for a couple of minutes. Also the internet sometimes cuts off and applications either take forever to open or won't open at all. This happens EVERYDAY! I have checked with MalwareBytes and got nothing.

Maybe it could be the HardDrive? No idea. Please help me.

No...i have almost same setup with no problems yet... i had the 8gb i maxed the MOBO out with 16gb after 2 weeks.. Im running Corsair 16GB DDR3, 2TB seagate,I3 3.3ghz.... Just orderd a SSD for boot and a few programs... not a big gamer... flys for photography....

Back
Top Bottom