Sigh,

FoxiStatis

Baseband Member
I think I've posted around 3 times on here about issues of my computer freezing? Anyways I restarted it and now it wont even boot up. I've looked at several websites claiming that it's a freaking software issue. I've received hundreds of software issues and it's not that. Which is what is mind boggling. How often does hardware go bad? I was told to RMA my motherboard which seems like a pain but it's on my list. Anyways I start windows up through the Hard-drive and it wont boot it will just freeze on the stupid starting windows screen. It also does the same thing booting up on the CD which is freaking annoying. Good thing I have a laptop. I've tried everything.

It wont boot up in safemode, I reseated the RAM, I've reseated the video card and completely taken out RAM. I've tried other Harddrives/boot disks.

I'm making sure before my Dad looks at the computer and we decide to RMA the motherboard.

But on a serious note why is there such a high failure rate on parts?

Since you have tried the reloading the OS and all the other steps, it seems that it might be your only option. Have you tried only one stick of ram?

Last edited:
Also try to pull the board to out of the tower and put it on the box and with just CPU and cooler Video ,memory and power supply and try and boot. You may be grounding out on case.
I have an extra power switch wire form an old computer to hook up to the front power switch but you can just jumper the power switch headers .

So a usb bootdisc and a different hard drive all fail in your setup? If so, hardware seems to be the only remaining option, and if you have tested the remaining components, the mobo would seem ideal as the culprit. As far as the failure rate goes; components these days are pretty robust, however as with any situation of mass production, there exists a common factor for defective units. I have had my current motherboard for roughly six years now, however before that I went through 2 in less than a year(each replaced with a new unit of the same make and model). Unfortunately the results are simply random. Best of luck mate with getting the replacement situated. - Rube

Yea windows is running, i'm afraid to restart it. It wouldn't even pass the starting windows until the computer took a 2 hour break. and then it system restored and started up o_O

That is strange. I would make a restore point before you shut down again. Does everything run good no lag or problems? You will have to restart some day so i would try to see if you can find anything. Try to install some diagnostic program to see if it will point to any problems. Sisoft Sandra is a good one or Everest.

I wanted to see if my hard drive was the issue, so I had Seagate send me a replacement. It's not the hard-drive. I'm sorry for bringing my old thread up but it's been booting up fine with a new harddrive now I just have the issue of constant hanging up it's really obnoxious. For example I play League of Leagues religiously and I will get graphic skips like I missed a few seconds in everything. I also get weird windows freezes with nothing but an error 10 in WMA or something. It's not causing the problem. When the computer freezes it loops the last played sound so it was seriously loud blasting my music at me a million times fold. It only does this when the stress of a game clicks on like supreme commander if any of you have played that. But it's fine for awhile then ill just see horrible tears in the video. I thought it was the video card but the booting was also an issue until I switched the RAM around abit. Then with 1 stick it was horrendously slow, 2 it was okay, and 4 it was once again okay. It seems something with the slots are wrong. I'm trying to stall because RMAing it seems like my only option and it's seriously my last resort. Question: Do they cross send you a motherboard for no extra cost? I'd be going through Gigabyte.

I also forgot, I get data skips and can't goto the bios... It doesn't detect my keyboard until boot. I think I just put 2 + 2 together lol

Back
Top Bottom