new build, having problems!

Sean W.

Fully Optimized
hey guys,

i just got done building my new rig in the bitfenix prodigy mini itx case.

im using the p8z77-i mobo with an i5 3570k, samsung 830 ssd.

i got windows installed, everything was going great, then i was trying to install the drivers off the disk, threw the disk in ( took forever to recognize it ), installed the drivers that i wanted to install and now anything USB doesnt work, including my mouse and keyboard. VERY annoying, ALL i wanted was Fan Xpert, thats all i wanted! this is turning into a pain in the ass. i cant even get into the bios to reinstall windows and start over fresh because they keyboard isnt recgnized, m mouse and keyboard light up, but arent responsive.

any help would be great, thanks

Have you tried clearing the bios?
Try different usb ports.

Does your keyboard/mouse respond if you don't have your ssd connected?

i cleared the cmos, er... i clicked the clear cmos button on the back of the motherboard while it was off, rebooted, didnt seem to do anything... i did try different usb ports. i did not try unplugging my ssd...

unplug the power supply and hit your power button a couple of times and pull your bios battery for a minute and then reinsert the battery and try to boot.

unplugged it, took the battery out, got into the bios, booted to m usb drive with windows 8 on it, reinstalled windows, and am now happily posting from my new computer :) thanks guys!

move your cmos jumpers to clear.. boot then replace the jumpers.. then set everything to default.. if nothing default works its a clear compatibility issue via software/hardware also try upgrading your bios and MANY motherboards have drivers specific for the USB drives.

Back
Top Bottom