Mobo and GPU recommendations

Ok thanks. To be honest, and no offense, I've read that the reports of bad drivers of AMD is more of fanboyism than an actual issue. But still I'm gonna go for the 660 Ti because I know that if my brain " learns " to notice the micro stutter, my experience with the 7950 will be a true living nightmare.
The card turned out to be Galaxy not EVGA, my bad. It's a Galaxy GTX 660 ti 2 GB GC dual-fan card. Still good enough?
Thinking crazily I think, but how will an i3 3220+ a GTX 670 perform? If the i3 the shop has is i3 3220 then I guess that the cash drop from 3570k to 3220 will fit just for a GTX 670.
Just as a reminded, the monitor is a 1080p 23'' LED samsung, and this setting will not change for at least 5 years to come as my room can neither support more monitors nor a bigger montir.

It isn't fanboyism in the least. Ask Sean W. of these forums and he will give you his insight after having nothing but AMD and just recently getting a 680. He thought the same thing. I have personally owned several AMD setups (and still own a 5850) and to this day their drivers are still terrible.

The i3 and 670 would perform fine, but so would the 660ti. Depends on what you want to do.

Well by the last statement I meant money wise. It's my opinion that even after next gen (bout 2015) is starting to come along that GPU power will still be more important than CPU power. In modern games a 6000+ all the way up to the 3960x there isn't much increase in performance (I tested more than BF3 and Skyrim). Considering the i3 3220 is 6 years newer (which is a lot in PC technology) I suspect it to last quite a while. Either way, if you intend to play max settings at 1080p for the next 3-5 years either card will start to struggle no matter what CPU is pushing it. I'm saying this only because next gen engines and games will start to bloom with native DX11 support with more eye candy compared to the "crap" we have today.

I understand. Ok I guess I've got it set. Thanks so much for the help so far PP mguire. Also btw, are you the only person who posts here or what xD?!

Okay, just to make sure, if the192-bit width is proven to be a bottleneck in the future, will a good overclock on the memory clock make up for that?

Last thing we haven't looked at is the PSU. After looking at that thread again are you still using the Cougar? I would try a different brand. Corsair, Seasonic, Antec.

Back
Top Bottom