Final Build!

Heres an asus i'm looking at. $130 and i'd still have to change the bios to get 1600 ram speed. ridiculous but whatever http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837
And heres a gigabyte that looks.. okay.. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128558
another gigabyte http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128543&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

If you have a better idea.. PLEASE let me know!

Ok, either this gigabyte Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP4 TH LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with Dual Thunderbolt

or this Asus Newegg.com - ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Don't need z77.. but these have great reviews and are from without a doubt better companies. I want a quality motherboard. I don't have the patience to deal with ******** mobos.

Very ****ed about buying a more expensive mobo and not having a overclockable CPU, even though I wouldent use it..the idea just bothers me when I could have got it for the same price.

Anyway, if I go with a Z77 will I have problems with using a non overclockable processor, since the mobo is designed for the unlocked cpus?

Borrowed my buddys speaker and tried getting the mobo to POST, no go. Tried getting the cpu fan to spin up, no go.
Shorting the PSU, I was able to get the case fans to start up though.

Newegg opens in a few hours, i'll be looking into some asus mobos in the mean time. That Micro Atx isint fitting very snug in my case either. Almost like my case is only for ATX, which is not how its advertised..
Sounds like you have the motherboard in the case wrong which is why I kept asking if you went through ALL troubleshooting before coming to a conclusion. If the board is shorting it wont turn on to prevent failure of your components. Just an FYI, any ATX case will support mATX because they have the same hole pattern minus 2.

To your last comment, ASRock is now #2 over Gigabyte, and Gigabyte is falling hard due to **** RMA/CS. ASRock make some of the top motherboards today, so I would do some research before making brash statements. It's the only reason I recommend them. Another FYI, any company can send a DOA. I received 4 from Asus and 2 from Gigabyte in 2009 alone.

If you really feel like wasting your money before going through all troubleshooting options then get the Asus. And no, you wont have any problems. They all work the same. Spending the 189 is just retarded, but hey, your money.

It's definetly the motherboard. Ofcourse anyone can send a DOA, just ****ed about it tbh.
The motherboard is not a quality board at all, it flexes with almost no pressure at all. I wouldent even call it a semi decent quality board. It's junk.

Talked to newegg and I got a good deal on the sabertooth, so I figured why not. Obviously, I don't need all the extra, but its a good quality board and I didn't pay full price. Worse case, I payed a little more and got a better board which will give me more options later on. Newegg.com - ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

This is a damn nice motherboard, check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeumbWp-A0s
Disappointed I didn't go with the K series CPU now.. oh well, can always change in the future i guess.

can't go wrong with a 5 year warranty either

Last edited:
Well, like I said.. Atleast I know i'll have a quality motherboard and have plenty of options in the future. I feel more dumb about not buying the K series CPU for the same price as the one I got when I could have.
But, to be honest.. I probably wouldent over clock anyway, so whatever. Just a mental thing I guess :p

Thanks alot guys! And for the record, I'm veeeeery happy I went with the sabertooth board. It's the definition of quality. Reguardless if I use the extras, the build quality and layout is definetly worth the extra money!

Thanks for helping me pick out everything else though! 7.6 windows rating! And actually 7.9 in alot of the sub categories!

Attachments

• uusi thungerii.jpg
    uusi thungerii.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 6
Just one more question..

I am using a Dell OS at the moment. Windows 7 professional 64bit. When I go to the star menu - computer - system properties.. on the bottom of my screen under my computer name, it reads ''Windows Activation'' and highlighted ''3 days untill automatic activation. Activate Windows now.'' with a link.

It shows the product key and then gives me an option to change product key. I puchased this OS awhile back and just now finally using it. (was originally going to be for my Dell.) I wouldent think I'd have to purchase a new license or something with this since I havent used it before.. would I? Could this be due to it being a Dell OS being used on an Asus Mobo? Should I let it install automatically and not worry about it? Or will I actually have to go buy a new damn OS since its a Dell OS?

Or does this mean anything at all?

Tiny pics =/, also edit the last post you make if you're the last person to reply. You'll have to wait for someone to reply about the OS thing. I have no idea, never heard of a "Dell" Windows version.

Back
Top Bottom