Blue screen, driver stuck in infinite loop

Spacejet

Beta member
Hello,

I've just installed the sims 3 on my computer, but everytime I try and play the game it crashes, I get a blue screen and it says that my driver is stuck in an infinite loop. :mad:

I've attached a copy of the latest minidump on the computer to try and help explain the problem.

If anyone can help I'd be eternally grateful :D
(although please bare in mind I am no computer whiz)

Attachments

• Mini122712-03.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 12
It's a problem with your graphics driver.

Go to nVidia's website, and download the newest driver.

When you go to install it, choose "custom install" and then check the box for a "clean installation". This will remove the old driver,and then install the new driver.

Thanks for replying.
I've tried installing the latest drivers, but I use the search the computer for me option 2 as I can't find my graphics card in the list. I've tried downloading one from GeForce's website but they recommended the wrong one as they couldn't find mine and I had to system restore as everything was very odd looking.
Everytime I search for updates it says:
GeForce 6150 LE 91.48 Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time.

Thanks for replying.
I've tried installing the latest drivers, but I use the search the computer for me option 2 as I can't find my graphics card in the list. I've tried downloading one from GeForce's website but they recommended the wrong one as they couldn't find mine and I had to system restore as everything was very odd looking.
Everytime I search for updates it says:
GeForce 6150 LE 91.48 Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time.

Open device manager, and expand the Display Adapters category. Post what adapter you have.

NVIDIA DRIVERS 306.81WHQL

Those are the drivers you need. Run it, choose custom install, pick Clean Installation, wait for it to finish installing, and then you'll need to restart, your computer.

After you restart, you might have to re-adjust your resolution.

Back
Top Bottom