Motherboard Recommendations?

Thorax_the_Impaler

Minecraft Veteran
Hello everyone. :)

This year I've decided to build a PC from the ground up. Lately I've been noticing that my current PC leaves a lot to be desired. It's a good system for day to day tasks, but I'm getting into things that require a little more power that my current PC can't bring to the table (specs will be at the bottom so you can see what I'd like to upgrade from). I've more or less built PCs in the past with scavenged parts, but no one sensible ever tosses away a machine with more than one core.

With this in mind, I asked some friends of mine who regularly build systems where to start. They recommended picking out a motherboard first. I've researched more motherboards than I care to remember, but I can't settle on one. I'd like to do this at least partially on my own, so can any builders just recommend a couple good motherboards to choose from that won't break my wallet in half?

If you need any more information to recommend something please let me know.

My Current PC Specs:
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
RAM: 3GB (1GBx2 Super Talent + 512MBx2 Unknown)
HDD: 250 GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon Xpress 200 (Intergrated)

Actually depending on what your budget is and what you want to do the CPU should be the start. Most motherboards these days pretty much have all the same basic features and don't really matter. The higher up you go the more things you get like SATA ports, more VRM for overclocking, more PCI-E ports ect.

Then you need a Z77 board and the 3570k. Again though, depending on your budget if you are just gaming an i3 3220 would suffice because in gaming you want more power to be in your GPU. Especially if you are planning on playing at 1080p.

i3 will work in any B75, H77, Z77/75, or H61 board. I don't advise buying an H61 though.

Oh yea, normally I wouldn't make the "upgrade later if you want" recommendation but the 3570k will drop in price this June and July.

Back
Top Bottom