what's a good combo of adware and virus removal tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal feel on Email is if it looks fancy, I don't read it. this is a personal and work policy for me. I despise fancy looking email. I don't want picts, or fonts aside from what I want to see. Send me attachements and I look at them, send me an HTML email with embedded images and flashy font, well off to the circular file. It's a waste of bandwidth, server storage, and most of all my time.
but then that is only my opinion... :)

TheMajor said:
I don't use any spyware killers because I don't have any spyware (except for Alexa toolbar)

I would go for avast antivirus (free) www.avast.com
and SpySweeper for spyware www.webroot.com

Yeah, I am sure you somehow know you have NO spyware in your system. There are quite a few programs that will install little things, that will download bigger things, and that will cause problems.

Even just having a security leak in windows will let things seep through, even if you don't use IE.

TheMajor said:
Why would you pay for software? For every kind of software there's also a free version.
I would get avast.

Yeah, you would get Avast, and complete your shopping with a virus. I personally don't use any software that has failed a handful of tests. I know Avast has failed the Virus Bulletin's testing about 19 times!

I am using NOD32 right now, I think it's great. It's even written in Assembly language..

Avast also has a bad review here:
http://www.anti-virus-software-review.com/avast-review.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom