Help a Young Gamer choose a Gamping Laptop

Joshking122

Baseband Member
We'll today while I was playing a match of Gun Game on Black Ops 2 Xbox360. My mother called me through the phone and tolled me I needed to contact my biological father and tell him that I need to get a laptop for a trip I'm making to Puerto Rico. She suggested me an apple, but in my mind "Nope." Stating the fact im a PC gamer so why not get a Gaming Laptop? The Apple laptops are such a rip-off. You would accually build your own Computer and it would come out cheaper, same price, or a couple bucks over an iMac and it would be way more better. So I was thinking what should I get an Mac Laptop, or a Gaming Laptop? I'm almost going to be doing some video editing on their. We'll alteast im going to try I already have a decent medieum end gaming computer. Accually scratch the video editing. Main reason is because I need to be doing my online school in puertorico... And I don't really need a mac for that sinse everything takes place online. So why not just get a gaming laptop sinse I am getting a chance to get a laptop now. So yeah... Also, if you could I am just a newbie at reading computer so I don't know none of that 6.51GHz Dual Core intel power core stuff. So if you could, please state the specs of the computer and what each section means and does...

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING

I would go with the Asus G75 VW. Will play like any game you want, and the specs are really nice. Of course if you have the money, any Alienware laptop is good.

I'll check out the Alienwares, but that G75VW anygame? Meaning it will last me a couple good years for the next gen gaming? Stating the fact that I could play Battlefield 3 Maxed out no lag whatsoever? GTA 4 Maxed out graphics no lag? See I really wanna know what you mean but play any game because you could think about me playing some dora game made in 2009. what do you mean by play any game.

Yeah, when I mean any game, I'm thinking Far cry 3, crisis, Skyrim, GTA, etc. games that are usually graphics heavy. It is a laptop tho, so don't expect ultra high Definition textures and stuff. xD but the Asus G75 VW should last a couple of years at least, and still be able to play games coming out in the near future, but seeing how I can't predict the future, who's o say it won't? The probability is low of this scenario happening though. And if your doing some film editing and stuff, this laptop should be able to handle the software(adobe Premiere).

I would go with the Asus G75 VW. Will play like any game you want, and the specs are really nice. Of course if you have the money, any Alienware laptop is good.
I disagree with the Alienware comment. You're paying for a brand more than anything (like what you do with Apple).

Yeah, when I mean any game, I'm thinking Far cry 3, crisis, Skyrim, GTA, etc. games that are usually graphics heavy. It is a laptop tho, so don't expect ultra high Definition textures and stuff. xD but the Asus G75 VW should last a couple of years at least, and still be able to play games coming out in the near future, but seeing how I can't predict the future, who's o say it won't? The probability is low of this scenario happening though. And if your doing some film editing and stuff, this laptop should be able to handle the software(adobe Premiere).

I have a G73, and it performs quite well. I've played several games on it such as Planetside 2, Aliens vs Predator, Skyrim, all on high detail. My laptop has an ATI 5870 in it.

So guys is the Final battle! It's either the Alienware M17x or the Asus G75VW thats comming home! Which one would be better in your point of view? To me its the G75VW. What do you think?

Edit 1: That G75VW Im looking at right now from Amazon is looking preety ownage compared to that M17x the price is preety good... What really puts it down a bit is that Processor weak... 2.3GHz..http://www.amazon.com/Republic-Gamers-G75VW-AS71-17-3-Inch-Gaming/dp/B007MW73C2

Edit 2: Question I don't really know how proccessors work.. Maybe the processor of the G75VW I heard some Processors are Dual Core are doubled so it makes it double to GHz but idk someone please explain how it works? the G75W has a.Intel Core_i7_2.7_GHz Processor 2.3GHz

Last edited:
Which M17x are you looking at? R3? R4? We need something to compare to. And what exactly is your budget?

All i7 series are quad core. No, that does not multiply the GHz rating by 4. That just means it has 4 threads, and when hyperthreading is enabled, it splits the 4 physical cores into 8 virtual cores.

Read this for more info: http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/your-cpu-modern-games-guide-those-building-261626/

For games, you'll want to look more towards which graphics card is better.

Back
Top Bottom