raid controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
a raid controller is hardware, right?

anyways, onto my deal:

my cd/dvd burning software couldn't find my apsi/aspi drivers (whatever they are called), and the site for my mobo does not have a apsi driver download that i could try to reinstall.

also, at the same time, every time i boot up, i get a message that states that nothing is connected to my raid, which, i don't want anything connected to raid because i'm not using it.

so, i disable raid, well, i uninstall it and the burning software found my cd/dvd drive right away and i burnt a few things successfully first try. but, the message at boot up is still there. there was another thread with someone with ASUS's raid thing and someone told him to get rid of his raid stuff and the message would stop, it didn't for me.

and now, the comp "finds new hardware" and wants to install drivers and stuff for the raid controller which i don't want to do at all.

how do i stop the "found new hardware" for this paticular hardware? do i reinstall the drivers and then just disable them?

p.s. the raid controller is built into the mobo, cause when i installed the soundcard and vid card, and cleaned up a bit in the case i found nothing that i didn't know about in the pci slots.

ohGrFreak,

Dude, you can goto 'device manager' and 'disable' the device. Uninstall will only make in install at the next reboot.

my cd/dvd burning software couldn't find my apsi/aspi drivers

.Its ASPI[ Advanced SCSI programming Interface] They wont be provided by your mobo site. Its a windows software , you can google it and download if you want.

hey guys i have the personal experience of trying to get a performance upgrade by implementing xp raid 0(striped) on my mc. believe me its no good. i installed sims 2, colin macrae 4, in this raid partition but no performance upgrade but instead ,after some days, i got boot failures, and bad sectors comming up.

intercodes said:
ohGrFreak,

Dude, you can goto 'device manager' and 'disable' the device. Uninstall will only make in install at the next reboot.

.Its ASPI[ Advanced SCSI programming Interface] They wont be provided by your mobo site. Its a windows software , you can google it and download if you want.

Alright, I'll reinstall the Raid, then disable it. By the way, what does Raid have to do with ASPI? Because when I uninstalled Raid, the program found my ASPI drivers, so I don't need to download the ASPI drivers now.

Forgive me because I don't know how to double quote in the same post.

Peace

ohGrFreak said:
It looks like it's on a regular cable to me. Does it have to be on the same cable as the HD?

No, it doesn't really matter. To avoid problems its better to place HD's and CD-roms on seperate cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom