Auto Restart Issue

NevoraskiA

In Runtime
Friends computer is automatically restarting itself... these are the event viewer system posts I'm seeing.

Event ID: 6009

Microsoft (R) Windows (R) 5.01. 2600 Service Pack 3 Uniprocessor Free.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search.

Event ID: 6005

The Event log service was started.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search.

Event ID: 1001

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050 (0xf05c371c, 0x00000000, 0x804e70ed, 0x00000002). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini122512-01.dmp.

Source: redbook Event ID: 10

This drive has not been shown to support digital audio playback.

I'm assuming the whole issue is related to the redbook drive... any feedback and fixes much appreciated. Currently looking into it myself... thanks

It looks like it's an issue with an optical drive not supporting audio or something like that... wonder if it's the Virtual Clone Drive causing an issue... or mayby a cd in a optical drive that's failing IDK

Try updating video drivers, as well as flash.

What browser is being used? Have you tried a different browser?

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disabled or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFFEFC, 0x00000000, 0x805130C6, 0X00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for future assistance.

Flash is up to date... using Google Chrome with the chrome version of flash disabled... also getting shockwave crashes, but assuming that's mainly a chrome issue for that part... they're still working on fixing that.

I ran into a similar problem (same error, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) on a laptop I was asked to fix a little while back. I ran hardware diagnostics on the hard drive and memory sticks, both came up clean. Completed the routine check disk, made sure all drivers were up to date, deleted any recently installed software. Unfortunately, I was never able to narrow down the problem. But I was fairly sure it had something to do with a conflict of drivers, where a 32bit version was getting cross referenced with a 64 bit. I was headstrong in the beginning, determined to fix it. However after 2 days of no success, I simply backed up the client's personal files and did a fresh install with the OS.

Certainly hope you have more luck than I did. One thing I noticed was that, while his system would fault into the BSOD screen at random times when running windows normally, however safe mode was seemingly unaffected. Have you noticed similar oddities with the occurrence?

Back
Top Bottom