Can't Change DVD Region On XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebmth

Beta member
I've purchased a secondhand laptop but have discovered I was shown the DVD in working order......with what I presume was a strategically inserted region 1 disc. The reason I say strategically inserted is because I have since found there is one more region change available and the region is currently set to region 1. The only account on the computer is my own and I am the administrator....so why do I keep getting a message telling me I need admin privillege before i can reset the region one final time. I've tried everything I know, so any information or ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

mikebmth,

You can use software like dvd region free to patch up the region settings to play safe with all the regions. It even clears your old region settings.

http://dvd.box.sk . you can search for one and get it from here.

The same happend to my mate and he coulent change it tried everything took it to a computer tec he said it has to be sent away to the toshiba because one you have changed the the region 3 time it locked the chip in the dvd drive chip and has to be reflashed

Thanks for the advice. The strange thing is I think i've fixed the problem, although it does cost the price of win dvd player. Having bought it it let me change the region for the last time and i can now watch my dvd's, so thanks for the advice, I'm happy.

i haven't been there in awhile but the firmware page use to have a firmware for every dvd player to make them region free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom