New build but Northbridge is reading 73C at idle

Well on Intel, everything was placed in the CPU as of the first gen Core i CPUs. PCI-E lanes, IMC, QPI, and the only stuff left on the PCH is SATA and USB, as well as a few other very minor things (PCI lol). My P55 heatsink right now isn't even warm to the touch. My X79 on the other hand was slightly warm, but not in the 60s.

Sean had a 965 before he jumped ship. I think he is loving it.

Ok, I too checked my Intel rig and see a completely different story and after reading your post here, now I know why.

Thanks for the input!

yup screw that freaking phenom II 965BE...

i am currently in the works of upgrading to Ivy bridge, water cooling it and overclocking the snot out of it with a goal of 5-5.2ghz( i know it wont matter PP, before you get started :p )

Nice rig Sean. I just recently finished my new Intel rig, but I do not know how to overclock it. Let me know if you have any suggestions for me.

THanks!

Please see pic!

Merry Christmas to all!

Soar

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 16 - Copy (2).jpg
    16 - Copy (2).jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
why all the hate to amd, i mean for the price its good especially in a budget build
I dont have AMD because I wanted to have one of the best processors, I have amd because i wanted something good with a relatively low price tag... and its not like its a horrbile processor, especially if you use your computer for gaming where its mainly your gpu that matters

yup screw that freaking phenom II 965BE...

i am currently in the works of upgrading to Ivy bridge, water cooling it and overclocking the snot out of it with a goal of 5-5.2ghz( i know it wont matter PP, before you get started :p )
You'll need quite the water loop to actually get 5-5.2 on Ivy.

Ok, I too checked my Intel rig and see a completely different story and after reading your post here, now I know why.

Thanks for the input!

Nice rig Sean. I just recently finished my new Intel rig, but I do not know how to overclock it. Let me know if you have any suggestions for me.

THanks!

Please see pic!

Merry Christmas to all!

Soar
If you don't have a K CPU you can't OC.

why all the hate to amd, i mean for the price its good especially in a budget build
I dont have AMD because I wanted to have one of the best processors, I have amd because i wanted something good with a relatively low price tag... and its not like its a horrbile processor, especially if you use your computer for gaming where its mainly your gpu that matters
Because for a gaming build it would be wiser to get an Ivy Bridge i3 instead of a cheap AMD because you can always upgrade to an i5 later. A decent AMD is still going to set you back around 100 and the cheapest IV i3 is 129. If you go cheaper than that, Intel is about to release (next month) the Ivy Pentium and Celeron CPUs. A Celeron Ivy around 40 bucks would be banging and set the precedent for an awesome upgrade later on.

Back
Top Bottom