AMD 64 130nm or 90nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
Ive read on here before that most mobos dont support the 90nm technology without a flashed bios. now i was wondering if any of the newer boards have support for the 90 out of the box. What kinda of advantage does teh 90 have over the 130?
thanks

im not doubtin that the 130 core works lol justed wanted to know the advatages/disadvantages of the 90nm core and if the newer boards support it without flashin the bios

less.....don't you mean more? At least thats how Pentiums are...the smaller technology=more heat.

ok thats great. u know anythin about flashing the bios? i was looking at a asus or msi board. (Asus A8V Rev.2 Deluxe) or (MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum) dont really want a pci-e mobo yet it has no advantages atm for what i can afford

" less.....don't you mean more? At least thats how Pentiums are...the smaller technology=more heat."

That's because Intel screwed up their Prescott cores that leaked causing it to run extremely hot. AMD 64 90nm's however run like they were meant to.

As for your question Aj2003 I'm not sure about flashing the BIOS to get the mobo to recognize 90nm cpu I'm sure someone here can answer that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom