Hi everyone I need help

Shaneischill

Beta member
Hello guys i just bought the tower today HP it's system processor is 3.5 and 10 gb of ram I had windows 8 was awesome everything was good then I downloaded java to play a game I. Wanted to play and winrar there not viruses because I scanned my whole cp with norton anyways I've tried any possible way to fix this reset cp system restore delete history everything... Reset modem everytime since an hour ago it says page can't be displayed and I still am connected because my Skype works on here what the heck please some one help I just got this today and can't even use it :/

Hi, try going to add and, remove programs remove all the programs that did this
then go to java .com and, down load java from the site and, before you down load java and after you remove programs do a disk clean up hope this helps it did for me bye.

It's a known fact that 10 gbs of ram could be a problem one is that any program and game out there does not require anything over 1gbs to 8gbs and let me tell you somthing if I could its all up to how you set up your computer I am still running 512mbs of ram and, my computer boots up in 25 seconds my computer is super fast of course I am a computer programmer to. Try getting a computer magazine at drug store or walmart it will show you how to set up your computer. hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a known fact that 10 gbs of ram could be a problem one is that any program and game out there does not require anything over 1gbs to 8gbs and let me tell you somthing if I could its all up to how you set up your computer I am still running 512mbs of ram and, my computer boots up in 25 seconds my computer is super fast of course I am a computer programmer to. Try getting a computer magazine at drug store or walmart it will show you how to set up your computer. hope this helps.

Highly debatable. Not sure how you got the "known fact" that 10GB of RAM is a problem.

If you multitask a great deal, run programs that render images, etc., ample amount of RAM is pretty much a necessity.

For Win7/Win8 nowadays, 512MB of RAM is not going to cut it for the most part, just because of the OS itself. If you're running a very streamlined version of XP or a Linux distro, then yes, 512MB would be alright.

Also, most computer magazines are quite biased in certain ways, because they get funding from certain companies for adspace and mentions in the magazine.

I'm also a CS major (in progress); but just because somebody can program, doesn't mean they always know the best for a computer. I know a lot of CS and even Electronic Engineer majors who don't know as much as me about computers, just for the fact that I've been working in IT / computer repair related jobs since high school.

Back
Top Bottom