Haf XB mod suggestions

tastegw

Inspired by Art
While I wait for the next generation hardware I have some time on my hands for the case and its appearance. I have decided on the Cooler Master Haf XB
HAF-XB-1.jpg

I liked the design of this case well enough that I went ahead and purchased it over many more expensive cases, leaving extra money for modifications.

Regardless of the theme I choose, here is what I have planned thus far for this case.

•topside full window
•left and right panel half windows (top level only)
•front mesh cutout and replaced by window with dual 140mm fan holes + custom overkill grills from mnpc tech
•custom paint exterior only (depends on theme)

Themes I have been thinking of are
•Diablo (red+black)
•Guild Wars (red or blue + black)
•nvidia (green + black)
•Harley Davidson (orange + chrome + black)

Paint job I had in mind would be a fading honeycomb pattern on both sides (front aswell if not too difficult) starting from the bottom fading out 3 or 4 inches above the bottom to all black.
Honeycomb pattern example
wheels-forvision2-blog480.jpg

Nvidia I know has been overdone in the past, what theme would any of u recommend ?

Last edited:
I think the Harley theme would be nice. Although I'm not sure how the honeycomb would work with the Harley theme, to me Harley & Honeycomb don't mix.

Can't wait to see what you can do with it. The case looks cool now, bet it will look awesome after. :)

You are correct, honeycomb patter paint and Harley don't mix very well.

I have decided to go with Harley as my theme.

I will be mounting these on either silver 120mm evercool fans or painting them a matching orange on 140mm fans

UAT-1.jpg

They should look nice with a pair of these overkill grills from mnpc

2c943daf_120mm_fan_grill_overkill_nautilus_mnpctech.com1.jpeg

Got the aluminum finish

Finding Harley decals should not be hard, but does anyone know where I can get one etched into a window for my top panel?

Very rough scetch of how the front would look with the nut cover mounted on the fans with overkill grills on top

F22C4CEC-6A76-480B-8E71-C3D8D4153EDA-184-00000014C7015B10.jpg

I may use the side decal as a template and paint them instead for better effect, either same color or orange

Last edited:
They are made from abs plastic, hollow on inside

It will be a tricky mount sure sure as its gotta be perfectly centered.

Edit:
Both the nut covers and grills have been ordered
Total cost of case thus far:
99(case)
16(nut covers)
99(grills)
35(approx shipping on all items above)
250 total approx

Last edited:
I have a question about the build.

Would replacing the side panels with windows possibly reduce the airflow and maybe cause overheating?

Yes it would to a degree.

I plan on using liquid cooling for at least the CPU.
I will not be doing heavy OC'ing for this machine, just modest clocks. I do not think heat will be much of an issue with this build. It will have 2 140mm intakes, 1 120mm exhaust, 2 rear 80mm exhaust, and a possible 2 (one per side) side exhausts if I can get these
EB8520BF-9811-4FEA-BB2B-F67729E1D0D9-1177-000001FD4A1B00C8.jpg

Cut and installed properly.

Psu will not be using any inside case air being upside down bottom mount, so not heat there, all I gotta worry about is gpu, ram, and board, I think the airflow will be sufficient for that.

Some more sketching:

FBA9BE8F-5DDB-4809-8179-7D82EF6E65BB-1904-0000030007C65311.jpg

Front panel mesh removal plus either brush aluminum or black diamond plate replacing it.

559C2FA6-CC83-4104-BACF-976E24139E10-1232-000001A6D81F2A4C.jpg

Will be professionally reworked as a vector file with proper fonting and sizing to aspect ratio to be sent off to a laser imaging company engraved at 600dpi on a 15x14 clear acrylic top panel window.

Will update as plans/work progress, I'm still a week from home so I can't begin any actual work until then

Back
Top Bottom