Big problem Computer is running fast then slow then fast

SlashDash

Beta member
Bascially the title says itself i do not know what to do and im pretty sure you guys have some good ideas or just experience in what to do. Should i send a screenshot first or?

What are you doing when this happens? What are your system specs? And by fast and slow do you mean running normal and then lagging at times?

What are you doing when this happens? What are your system specs? And by fast and slow do you mean running normal and then lagging at times?

Im actually not running everything only the game i dont have any kind of browser opened only Steam/CS:GO and Teamspeak3 and yes i do mean running normal and then boom the lagg comes then after 50 sec normal agian 2 min after boom lagg agian and my internet is really good so thats not the problem. But Here are my pc specs im running laptop btw

AMD ATHLON (tm) II X2 processor p340 2.20 ghz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
4 GB DDR3 Memory
500 GB HDD
Windows 7 64 bit

Last edited:
Sounds like your laptop is running too hot while your gaming and is being "throttled".

Basically, your cpu/graphics is overheating and is forced to slow down to protect itself from damage. Thus when it's back to safe temperature, it runs normal again. So the cycle of running normal and lag occurs.

Sounds like your laptop is running too hot while your gaming and is being "throttled".

Basically, your cpu/graphics is overheating and is forced to slow down to protect itself from damage. Thus when it's back to safe temperature, it runs normal again. So the cycle of running normal and lag occurs.

I think you are right, i tryed to put a book under it and i letted the engine or whatever its called i letted that out in free space so it wouldnt get that hot and it actually works :)

I would have to agree. Sounds like high CPU usage and needs a break. If you are running to much at once or doing things that your computer is not meant to handle. This could cause it to slow down drastically. What I normally do is shot down my computer and let it rest for a while that way by the time I turn it back on the CPU is starting at its base temperature.

a thing I use to do when I was younger was when i was attempting games with my 750MHZ 256mb Ram laptop was put a frozen bag of food(like peas) to stop it from overheating and turning off...
Now that I am older and smarter I understand that that burning rubber and plastic smell was most likely major overheating happening and the parts melting.
I started to take it apart 5 or 6 months ago and it smelled so bad, I quickly put its cover back on and left it to sit....

Just sharing my a childhood memory!

1> clean the insides - use an air can
2> use a laptop cooler or at least give room for enough ventilation
3> lower ambient temp eg. by using a room AC

1> clean the insides - use an air can
2> use a laptop cooler or at least give room for enough ventilation
3> lower ambient temp eg. by using a room AC

I really agree with getting a laptop cooler. They are fairly cheap and could help save your laptop from overheating again.

Back
Top Bottom