Question about overclocking

I would say 2.8 would be a better figure assuming he has decent cooling. My 939 4200+ only liked to hit 2.9 at 1.6V under water with the RAM running 533. It's an AM2 CPU, but the stock clock is only 2.1.

Yeah you're probably right. I was using a 5400+ BE so I didn't need to fuss around with the FSB at all. Most brisbanes had a "wall" at 3.2~ghz though that regardless of setup they just didn't want to operate past.

Yeah its not a black edition BUT this processor is quite old now and i decided that it will be better to buy a phenom ii x4 black edition. Thanks for all the help anyway! :)

i also decided to buy a better fan for it and overclock it then :)

Would definitely make sure you have the right cooling methods implemented in your computer before starting to overclock. Ive had my fair share of BSOD due to improper cooling. So just make sure that your temperatures are ok how they are in their current state before overclocking.

yeah i am getting a coolermaster evo 212 which is a good cooling fan and it also helps with the system air flow since the fan is on its side.

does it? i got fresh air coming in from the front which it will take through to the back where i got all the exausts

Yea. The fan on the heatsink is designed to have cool air blow through the fins to take heat away. The air coming off that heatsink will be hot. Airflow will still be the same through your case unless you change the intake and exhaust fans.

Back
Top Bottom