DELL or COMPAQ??

monkajanik

Beta member
Okay, my mother is buying my 16-year old sister a new laptop, as her old Toshiba Satellite has finally died after 5 years. We're looking at the cheap end, as she won't use it for hardcore gaming or anything like that, she just needs a nice laptop for studying, browsing the internet, watching movies etc. So, I found 2 good deals, one for Dell Inspiron 15-3520 and one for Compaq CQ58-261SA.
As they have pretty similar specs and almost the same price, I was wondering which one to go with.
Please help me out (I don't want any wars/disputes between fanboys, just an objective opinion).

These are the links:
Dell Inspiron 15 3520 Laptop - 15.6ins - Celeron B820 Processor - 500GB HDD | Laptops | ASDA direct
Buy COMPAQ CQ58-261SA 15.6" Laptop | Free Delivery | Currys

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

I would go for Dell.
I think it is more durable but could be a little expensive that compaq

I normally am completely against Dell due to their proprietary components that they throw into their products to suck more money out of you. But out of these two laptops I would definitely go for the Dell instead of the Compaq. Compaq is becoming more and more obsolete in my opinion.

I'd go with Dell. Dell isn't all that great anymore because they load their computers up with bloatware, crapware, trialed software and all that crap. However you can remove all that stuff over a weekend if you put your mind to it an use CCleaner.
Compaq just has worse hardware and that will cause a lot of problems later.

I've always had a bone to pick with Dell since I found their "cheaper" products rob you of unnecessary funds, and they're usually filled with crap software. However, Compaq computers are usually lacking decent hardware and they need replacements for certain parts more often just because their functional integrity is terrible. The lesser of these two evils is Dell and I'd say go with Dell unless your budget is a huge issue.

Those Compaq CQ series laptops are probably some of the worst and lowest quality computers that I've ever tried to deal with.
Low end Dell laptops aren't that good either but until we can build our own laptops the same way you can do with desktops, Dell is better than Compaq.

Well no matter what computer you buy today will come with bloatware, I can only think of maybe two larger manufactures that may not come with bloatware and that is apple and maybe Lenovo Thinkpad line. Personally I would go with Dell being they do build better computer on average but I have owned two compaq's in my life and on average got about three to five years out of them.

Back
Top Bottom