New work PC's

Pretty expensive cases for simply a work PC.
If these PCs are going to be on carpet then you want the PSU mount to be on top.

You have a few options, but these have the button more near the middle. You'll have to dig harder to find exactly what you want though, I just don't have that kinda time sorry.

Newegg.com - Thermaltake VI5000BNS Black SECC Steel MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Newegg.com - SilverStone PS08B Black High-strength plastic and meshed front panel MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Newegg.com - APEVIA X-TROOPER Junior Series X-TRPJR-NW-BK Black Steel MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Your right!! I don't know why I did not think of that. That makes things a bit easier. I will check the links out ASAP.

What do you think of this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147167 - will the Seasonic PSU fit? Not a great fan of Rosewill- but don't hate them either and with free shipping special holiday guarantee- you cant really loose. .

Last edited:
OK all purchased and ready to assenble.

I went with the Silverstone case you suggested= Newegg.com - SilverStone PS08B Black High-strength plastic and meshed front panel MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Ended up going with this MOBO- Just felt the MSI was better than ASRock

Newegg.com - MSI B75MA-E33 LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

PSU = Antec 380watts:Newegg.com - Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D Green 380W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

I do use one of the work PC's for watching online video, etc and was wondering if the intel on board video would handle that OK - if not, what about this video card=
Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-2625-KR GeForce GT 620 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

It is part of today's New EGG Shell Shocker deals for really cheap= $24.99 - $10 MIR= $14.99 , but I am worried about the PSU draw and the size for the MOBO/case I have picked out.

What do you think?

SO you don't think the GPU is going to help play anything- or not worth the possible problems with having it?

The MSI MOBO had HDMI - which makes connection with a better Monitor easier. I have an Asrock MOBO on my gaming build at home- works great. SO, it was not a knock on ASrock at all.

Last edited:
I'm not saying not to get it, I'm just saying that the extra cash isn't necessary. Basically, if all you will be doing is online stuff anything modern will do fine. If you want the extra insurance it wouldn't hurt.

I didn't even realize the ASRock board didn't have HDMI. I assumed it did :p

To be fair though, the first board I linked (the Asus) did. MSI was cheaper anyways so no loss.
Just an FYI, DVI = HDMI and works perfectly with an adapter. I keep one around just in case.

Very good. Wow are you the only "Techy" that is posting these days on this site? Used to have quite a few people that follow and post here.

I always have a tab up and refresh if I'm sitting at the PC so I typically respond faster. My only guess. Either that or my strong opinions ran some off.

:D

I changed jobs and now have a lot less time to post. most of my time is spent taking care of admin stuff now.

ya, I haven't seen you on steam or playing online games either Trotter. Well the job comes first. Merry Xmas to you both - just picked up that GPU as listed above for $25. That should secure that I will have no online video problems with these new work PC's. I will be putting them together next week while I take some time off with the family for the holiday- hopefully my 3 teenagers with be helping /learning with me. I anticipate no problems as these will be much easier to put together as my 3rd and 4th builds, but you never know. Guess I could ask one more question = Adobe software- worth buying or just use the free one? Will be doing some pics/editing/video for my business website and Facebook.

Back
Top Bottom