Dead Motherboard???

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaque_lantan

Beta member
My second computer recently "died" on me. I sudenly stopped getting any signal to the Monitor, so I did the obvious and had the VGA card replaced, still no joy. Worried, I tried MoBo check by taking out the RAM chips. The board made no beeping noises, even worrying is the fact that the CPU fan runs but I get no HDD activity (No flashing Amber lights) I even tried re-setting the CMOS jumpers and taking out and re-inserting the CMOS battery and yet I get nothing, no POST. Is there anyone out ther with any suggestions as to what may be the problem?? Could it be the mainborad itself that's naff'ed?, CPU? or the Hard drive? or is something I haven't done that I should've?

Hi

If you can get a volt meter you can check the voltage going to your motherboard.If you put the meter leads on the plug to your motherboard black ground lead on the black wire and the red + lead on the yellow +12 volt connection and read voltages.A good voltage is between 11 and 13 volts. if it is less than 10 volts your system wont boot.Set your volt meter to dc-v. If that isnt clear you could allways tra another power supply to test with.Hope this helps.Pat S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom