Hi am new, does anyone know some good places to learn IT stuff for free?

barce1

Beta member
Hi everyone,

Great to be on the forum, I am studying IT at uni now (about 1/3 through a degree), and have a couple of weeks off, I want to be able to get some work in IT in my spare time, does anyone know of any places that I can get some good website creation skills, programming skills and any other IT skills (preferrably for free) that might get me some work before I finish my degree? thanks everyone.

To begin WEB Development first start from basics, W3Schools Online Web Tutorials - on of the best WEB development online tutorials. But there you will get a little more than basics.
To be a professional you will need to chose one sphere and count on it. As an example chose PHP - good, popular language with free development tools (MySQL, Apache, HTML, JavaScript - things you will need to learn too if you want to fully take advantages of PHP).
What go next. You already chose a WEB Development. Go to other tools like ASP.NET (you will be familiar with C# and get more deeply understanding of OOP, IIS, .NET Framework, Microsoft development tools).
After you learn this you will have a good understanding of WEB page - systems creations. You will start to work on some kind of project and you will know then witch method is better to solve problem (project) (PHP or ASP.NET). One language is better in one thing other in other, there is no best programming language.
Don't think you will learn all this in your spare time, need a lot of time and work to grasp this system.
For the information use Google. There is tones of info you just need to filtrate it correctly.
Complexity is simplicity on the other hand simplicity is complexity.
Good luck. :)

Awesome Wytas, thanks a lot for the reply that info really helps.
I do remember my uni mentioning web3 schools back in my python
class, but I must have not gone into it much. I will get started there
and hopefully I can develop my skills there. thank you!!:)

Back
Top Bottom