Missing SMBus controller

Cozieboy

Solid State Member
Hi people.
Hoping someone can help me with my frustrating problem.

I recently Done a clean install of W XP Pro on my Acer Extensa E210 x32 just to find all my drivers were gone, i dont have the Acer repair CD as i got it second hand, I managed to find and re-install all drivers exept my SMBus Controller driver can anyone direct me in the right direction, hopefully a FREE Driver!!

The Device i need the driver for is:

Intel® 82801I SMBus Controller (ICH9)
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2930&SUBSYS_02121025&REV_03\3&33FD14CA&0&FB

Thanks friends.

Download CPU-Z and go to the motherboard tab. Then search for the chipset INF update on Intel's site. If they still have drivers for my old P3 board then they will have drivers for this. It's a case of knowing where to look.

If you want me to do it then take a screenshot of the motherboard tab in CPU-Z and post it here.

I just cant find this anywhere. sent a pik incase you have more of a clue what your doing (which isnt hard) Lol.

Attachments

• cpu-z.jpg
    cpu-z.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 2
Ok I doubt you have an Intel SMBus controller considering it has an ATI chipset. That would pretty much explain why you have come up with nothing on it.

Try this here. It's the legacy chipset driver from AMD.
ATI Catalyst

Just for the record, you don't really need an SMBus driver at all.

Cheers but thats for Vista-32 bit and i'm running XP Pro.
I run my PC through Driver Wizz and that said my SMBus controller was Manufactured by Intel.
The SMBus controller controlls the temp and Voltage which (I think) is why my CPU Usage keeps jamming at 100% even tho i'm hardly using anything.

All it takes is a little bit of search. It was on XP before, and this is for sure XP.
AMD Chipset Drivers

System Management Bus has nothing to do with temp and voltage. If you want to learn more about it, check here. It's why I said you don't really need it.
SMBus Controller

As for your CPU jamming at 100%, I doubt it's the cause. If a chipset driver update of INF update doesn't install it for me I just leave it. Back in olden days you got better performance leaving it uninstalled but that was with old nForce 2 boards.

Thanx for that, the Yellow Exclamation mark has gone and it seems to be streesing out less which is weird as what i downloaded looked an awful like the drivers i got with my ATI Graphics card!! (pik attached) computers are weird m8!!
Thanx again.

Attachments

• Graphics card.jpg
    Graphics card.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom