Your background in technology

MillField

Daemon Poster
Thought it would be interesting to start this thread. What is your background in technology?

I have had an interest in technology from a young age. I always enjoyed messing around with our first Windows 98 computer. I constantly looked for the new technology and tried to get my hands on as much as I could!

This led to me studying Computer Science. I have enjoyed the degree so far and look forward to hopefully working in technology in the future.

I first started using an Apple SE/30 when I was a kid, then progressed onto PC dos, Windows 3.15, 95, 98, XP, then Vista. Also had some exposure to Acorn computers and pocketbooks when I was in school.

After school I did a course in Sound Engineering which exposed me to a lot of audio production methods.

A couple of years ago I bought a Macbook Air and iPhone. About 1 year ago an iPad, shortly after that I built a custom computer using two state of the art graphics cards to mine Bitcoins.

I've been following the progress of Bitcoin very closely for over a year now and it still boggles my mind every day. Now I'm making music related to Bitcoin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlike others i have a passion for Technology.I started playing with hardware at an early young age...Then I went to modifications abt two year ago.Last year i did some hacking.And this year im doing setups,And im planning on going to apps next year.My greatest archivement was making my own pack of modified windows featuring windows 7 extreme edition,Os alienware etc.And had a great experience while doing what i love to do,

My interest in Technology probably started in high school back in the early 70's when I took an interest in stereo equipment (home computers didn't exist yet). After HS I went into the army and learned electronics there. After the army, I worked 10 years in the tech field as a technician before getting my first PC (IBM PC, 4.77 Mhz 8088, 256K RAM, 2 floppy drives, set me back $2500) in 1984. Once I got the PC, I got interested in programming and actually changed career fields. I've worked as a programmer/software engineer since 1986.

Last edited:
I got started with computers in high school. My parents bought my sister and I a Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer II for Christmas and I sat up all night read and working through the BASIC manual that came with it. Once I hit my senior year in HS they offered a Computer Science class and i ended up teaching the teacher. After HS I wandered off into making a living for a while, but got back into things just before Windows 95 came out.

I finally got serious about tech in 2004-5. I joined here in January of 205 to find answers to some questions that I had at the time. I also started my own computer repair business at the same time.

Started my fascination when my dad bought his first laptop way back when Windows 98 was out. That developed into more of a love for the mathematical sciences (physics in particular, which I was previously majoring in in college, now switched to computer science). My real interest in computers started back in my freshman year of high school when I got my first computer I could call my own (PIII, 382MB RAM, 32MB nVidia card, ran stock Ubuntu on that baby).

I started with very, very, very basic CLI commands (Ex: cd, ls, ./run commands, apt-get upgrade / update / install, etc)

Which ultimately has landed me my current job -- 90% of my current computer experience comes from that first computer I had. I took that thing apart, rebuilt it, installed multiple OSes, network cards, you name it. Configured wireless, samba shares, etc.

In fact, I still have that old thing. Still runs, too ;)

From then on, I've always had an install of Ubuntu on one of my computers :tongue:

As for my joining of Tech Forums... My friend and I were on an old forum named Tech On Vent in which a few members from this site were active. Once that site shut down, I went here because I knew a few people and I was already familiar with the site. TBH I wouldn't have joined if it wasn't for him.

If I remember correctly the reason I joined Tech On vent was because I was wanting to install Linux on my PSP.. which I did ;) Then I bricked the thing. :cry: :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom