Time for another build.

as a previous HAF X owner i wouldnt get it...

unless you have seen it in person, sitting next to your desk, you dont realize how much of a monstorocity it is... it truly is a MASSIVE HEAVY case. with the wheels on its a full 24" tall...the cable management is less than impressive.

id reccomend any corsair case, ive had a few corsair cases and ive loved them all. the 800D is their flagship case, which is very nice, also the 700D is awesome, i personaly have the 600T and love it.

as a previous HAF X owner i wouldnt get it...

unless you have seen it in person, sitting next to your desk, you dont realize how much of a monstorocity it is... it truly is a MASSIVE HEAVY case. with the wheels on its a full 24" tall...the cable management is less than impressive.

id reccomend any corsair case, ive had a few corsair cases and ive loved them all. the 800D is their flagship case, which is very nice, also the 700D is awesome, i personaly have the 600T and love it.

I appreciate your thoughts, but I just don't see where the Corsair is worth $100 more than the HAF X. I currently have the HAF 932 Advanced sitting next to me which is about the same case and have been very happy with it. I don't know why anyone looking at full tower ATX cases would expect something small or light. I will concede that the Corsair does look like it offers better cable routing options than the HAF X, but I don't think it is worth the extra money, and it doesn't have the GPU support bracket. I could build one for it, but I would rather deal with the cable routing. Thanks for taking the time to give a warning/opinion, I do appreciate it.

Cheers,

Brew

Airflow in the HAF cases are super poor compared to the Corsair cases (besides 600T) unless you replace their stock crap. I have 2 HAF cases here, I can attest to that.

Airflow in the HAF cases are super poor compared to the Corsair cases (besides 600T) unless you replace their stock crap. I have 2 HAF cases here, I can attest to that.

Well if I start having temperature problems or the fans die, I can always replace them with something better. The fans in my current case have held up well over the past 2 years, but I have not been OC'd creating a lot of heat either.

Was just giving you somewhat of an idea why the Corsair cases are so expensive. They also have lots of areas for water expansion and what not. The build quality is pretty top notch too. I haven't personally used a HAF X but if it's anything like the 932 and 922 then mehhhh. I've give CM credit for one thing. Cosmos 2 is a total beast.

The HAF X has a lot of features that my 932 doesn't. And I am not trying to take anything away from Corsair's product. But for me at that price I don't see a benefit over my other options. I like full tower cases and that only leaves me with the 800D as an option. Its $100 more than the
HAF X from CM. If needed I can upgrade all the fans in the case for $100. As I have said before, I have been interested in water cooling, but have never really needed it in a system.

You don't really need a full tower case to mess with water cooling unless you're making a gigantic loop with multiple rads though. You'd be better off looking at mid towers (which actually has a fairly wide range of sizes for cases) to save a little cash, but that's all a personal preference. I've recently grown really tired of giant heavy cases lol.

Well I just placed the order. It should be here mid week. Thanks again for the help looking at this build.

Back
Top Bottom