New build with i5 3570k

locki433

In Runtime
Gonna get the proc and memory today. Not sure on which motherboard to get. Want to do a Moderate overclock, but will be doing no gaming. Some video encoding. Not wanting to spend alot, but don't want a cheapo board either. Be nice if it was 140 or less. Thanks

Ya. For ram it's Patriot intel extreme master memory. 8GB. Gonna use the stock cooler till a little after the first of the year and then get a closed loop cooler of some sort.

I hope you didn't pay too much for the Patriot. There is nothing special about that kit lol.

Don't OC on the stock cooler. The 3.8GHz turbo will be enough until then. I suggest an H80 or H100 if you can wing the cash.

It's actually a package deal from fry's. Not sure I'll actually do it now. Not saving much over newegg after paying the tax in the store.

I have the 32GB Masters Limited Edition BS and I even put in my review, there is nothing special about them compared to the regular Viper 3 kit. Just a different color heatspreader hyped with a bunch of PR buzz words. Good kit, but not worth the extra 20 bucks (or whatever it is now) for the fancy name.

Back
Top Bottom