80 gig or 120 gig which ever i can get at the best price per gig
Im also going o use a promise card.

Video Card:
an Nvidia card. What ever i can get for about 100-200 price range

DVD-ROM drive

SOUND-CARD:
a normal sound blaster 16 card mayber a better one depends on the money

Any Suggestions.

Im trying to build a system that wont cost me an arm and a leg and still have good performance.

Did I forget any thing.

floppy drive, maybe extra fans, case + power supply (but u were prolly gonna buy those and just forgot to add them to the list). As for sound cards, the nforce2 soundstorm is very nice IMHO and that comes with the mobo. Cas2 DDR400 PC3200 RAM should cost around $140 for a gig, AMD Athalon 2400+ are getting dead cheap $85, unless u want a Barton 3000+ (still only $250). For video card i'd go with the Geforce 4 ti4600 or a gold sample Geforce 4 ti (around $150). They'll still run next gen games as smooth as butter. Don't fall for the FX5600 which are like $110, because those are pretty horrible even though they are Directx9 cards. Well those are my suggestions, good luck

i built one of my friends a pc for $1100
here are the specs:

500watt power supply
midtower atx case with spider windows
2 case fans and a neon fan
lanparty mobo
2.4ghz p4 with hyper threading
volcano 7+ cpu fan
1gb pc3500
3x 120gb maxtor ($80 a piece)
sound blaster audigy gamer
geforce fx5600 256mb video card
cdrw/dvd driver

Ya, i defently think you should get a amd athalon xp processor, the 2400 would be a nice buy, although i'm getting a 2500 complete with the new barton core and 512kb L2 cache.

According to what i know the Ti series cards arent completely direct x 9 supported, although starting with the ati radeon 9200 (both pro and non-pro) the radion series is. Direct X 9 is something that should be one of the first on the list when your getting a graphics cards, so correct me if i'm wrong but the TI wont complete support direct x 9. I agree, dont get a FX, DEFENTLY dont get a fx. Onboard sound on your nforce 2 bord should be very nice, yes, bu what about getting a Asus motherboard? they tend to do well in games as apposed to other boards. A valcano 9 fan and heatsink is a MUST, especially if your overclocking (remember, i'm talking about a amd athalon xp processor, dont get a pentium 4). I would get atleast a 400watt power supply. 512MB RAM should be sufficent, but remember to look at the motherboard your getting (whether it be a asus or anything else, although i recamend asus and so probably would other people) to see what type of RAM it takes, i heard pc 2700 should be the lowest type of DDR ram that a gamer should get at this time. Also one thing about the hard drive, A WESTERN DIGITAL! they totaly rock, especially get one with a 8MB cache.
And dont forget a kickass case to go along with all of it!
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=32
get a cheifet - dragon series from tigerdirect, right now their onsale with a $10 rebait and will only cost ya $49 before the rebait.

If you buy all the parts i've named and maybe other people will name too from www.pricewatch.com and ww.tigerdiect.com , it shouldent cost you that much, although i dont know if your getting a monitor too.
i hope you totaly enjoy your new gaming pc when you build it or buy it or whatever. feel free to IM me if you wana talk about this more.

Yea man! I saved that picture! Thats funny!

I recommend a AMD Barton 3000 when it comes out or if it already did..i havent been looking up stuff latley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom