USB 3.0 connecter converter. PIC INCLUDED!

steve10765

Daemon Poster
SO my case has this USB 3.0 connector
Capture.PNG

But my Motherboard only has this
Capture1.jpg

is there a converter I can get? I would love to be able to use my 2 front USB 3.0 slots.

before you ask, my motherboard is usb 3.0

Last edited:
SO my case has this USB 3.0 connector
View attachment 5525

But my Motherboard only has this
View attachment 5526

is there a converter I can get? I would love to be able to use my 2 front USB 3.0 slots.

before you ask, my motherboard is usb 3.0

The connection you took a picture of is for a usb 2.0 header. Your motherboard probably has usb 3.0 in the rear io but not a header. What is the model of your motherboard?

I'm sure this thread will help you a lot.

[Solved] Front USB 3.0 Header Question - General-Motherboard - Motherboards-Memory

Read what the user Jaquith wrote, should solve your issue.

After reading it you'll find you can get a usb 3.0 adapter that plugs into a normal usb3.0 connection and then creates a female pin that you could plug the usb3.0 front header into or you can get a usb 2.0 adapter that creates a usb 3.0 female, but your front usb3.0 will be limited to 2.0 speeds.

Last edited:
Thanks, I now relize that those are 2.0 ports, well now I'm going to look for a cable that goes from that usb 3 cable to usb 2.0

this is my motherboard

(yes, I do use the 3.0 cables on the back, I just thought there were more on the mobo)

Thanks, I now relize that those are 2.0 ports, well now I'm going to look for a cable that goes from that usb 3 cable to usb 2.0

this is my motherboard

(yes, I do use the 3.0 cables on the back, I just thought there were more on the mobo)

If you want to have your front USB ports to be actual 3.0 Get this Cooler Master USB 3.0 19pin to 2 external USB 3.0 Connectors - FrozenCPU.com

Remember using usb 3 ports on usb 2 devices does nothing, so unless you have a device that is actually usb 3.0 use the 2.0 ports. mouse kb headsets etc, mainly devices like external hdd's flashdrives external sound cards etc will be using usb 3 some network adapters too.

This device would make your front usb 3 ports into usb 2.0 http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1..._Female_Adapter_Cable_OCU67.html?tl=g2c539s98

How many USB 3.0 enabled devices are you using?

Last edited:
If you want to have your front USB ports to be actual 3.0 Get this Cooler Master USB 3.0 19pin to 2 external USB 3.0 Connectors - FrozenCPU.com

Remember using usb 3 ports on usb 2 devices does nothing, so unless you have a device that is actually usb 3.0 use the 2.0 ports. mouse kb headsets etc, mainly devices like external hdd's flashdrives external sound cards etc will be using usb 3 some network adapters too.

This device would make your front usb 3 ports into usb 2.0 FrozenCPU.com Internal USB3.0 Male to Internal USB 2.0 Female Adapter Cable (OCU67) - FrozenCPU.com

How many USB 3.0 enabled devices are you using?

Image View | Cooler Master USB 3.0 19pin to 2 external USB 3.0 Connectors - FrozenCPU.com

so with this i can just connect the usb 3.0 connector into that thing linked, then plug it into the back of my computer?

o wait, how would i get the plug from the inside of my computer to the outside...

so that usb 3.0 connector is on the front of my computer, and my 2 usb 3.0 ports are on the back of my motherboard where all the other input/output ports are located
any suggestions?
thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Image View | Cooler Master USB 3.0 19pin to 2 external USB 3.0 Connectors - FrozenCPU.com

so with this i can just connect the usb 3.0 connector into that thing linked, then plug it into the back of my computer?

o wait, how would i get the plug from the inside of my computer to the outside...

so that usb 3.0 connector is on the front of my computer, and my 2 usb 3.0 ports are on the back of my motherboard where all the other input/output ports are located
any suggestions?
thanks for your help!

Yeah, your front USB header would plug into the female end of the adapter and then you would plug the 2 USB 3 Male ends into the back of your board. You could go out an expansion bay below your video card or if your case comes with water cooling holes maybe through there. In the link you just posted there is one idea of how you can do it, shows a picture. Link your case for me?

Newegg.com - Rosewill CHALLENGER-U3 Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ,comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, front mounted dual USB 3.0

i am thinkin I could give this a try through the water tube whole, but its directly infront of my cpu heatsink and fan! o well no biggie, I just bought a 110 cfm fan compared to my 75 cfm fan

That should work perfectly, just zip tie it to something above the motherboard and you'll be all set.

Back
Top Bottom