Help with new pc

Hannibalic

Beta member
Hey im pretty new here but have been exploring here as well as reddit. So let me post my problem here as i cant figure it out.

I just built a new gaming rig(desktop). and here are the specs i am using.

AMD8150 Processor

Asetek water cooling(came with the processor)

2x8gb sticks of Ripjaw G.skill x series 240 pin DDR3.

Motherboard is a Gigabyte 970A-D3

im running a 850 watt power supply.

a 1 Terrabyte Hard drive 72 rpm 64 cache i think.

standard asus dvd cd reader

And for the case im using COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN2 CM690 II advanced.

Nvida 660 TI
Now to start everything is pretty crammed in there (not good i know).

But the problem i am having is getting to post, the motherboard makes a Beep when its on and the cooling light turns on fan all the fans spin it starts to go into post and then it stops everything turns of the fans everything(except the cooler lights).

I have a caveman basic knowledge of putting together a computer and i pretty much just put things where they fit. i will post pictures and a video later.

When I run into a problem like this some of the things. First off can you get into BIOS at all?
Try to remove your ram and insert on stick at a time. Also check that your CPU fan is hooked to the CPU pin header on the motherboard. Sometimes BIOS will see that the CPU fan isn't hooked IP and fail to start. Do you need power for your video card if so is it hooked up?
Also you can try to reset your BIOS by either using the BIOS reset if you have one or pull out the BIOS battery for a minut and then put it back n and try to buut it up.

When I run into a problem like this some of the things. First off can you get into BIOS at all?
Try to remove your ram and insert on stick at a time. Also check that your CPU fan is hooked to the CPU pin header on the motherboard. Sometimes BIOS will see that the CPU fan isn't hooked IP and fail to start. Do you need power for your video card if so is it hooked up?
Also you can try to reset your BIOS by either using the BIOS reset if you have one or pull out the BIOS battery for a minut and then put it back n and try to buut it up.

yes yes.

i took out the ram inserted 1 stick at a time. in deffirent channels.
No i cannot get into BIOS at all, I can not even reach the Post screen.

I have reset the BIOS via touching with a screwdriver

ALL FANS ARE HOOKED UP AND TURN PROPERLY FOR THE DURATION THE COMPUTER TURNS ON. Everything is hooked up and turns on.

try another power supply if you have one i have bought bad ones before i even had bad memmory straight out of the box new but only one was bad oh make shure the heat sink is flush and tight on the prosseser and thair is compound on it if not it will fry instintly if that dont do it un plug the hdd and cd rom and any pci cards if it boots to post then hook them up one at a time till u find the bad one.

try another power supply if you have one i have bought bad ones before i even had bad memmory straight out of the box new but only one was bad oh make shure the heat sink is flush and tight on the prosseser and thair is compound on it if not it will fry instintly if that dont do it un plug the hdd and cd rom and any pci cards if it boots to post then hook them up one at a time till u find the bad one.

I have tried 2 power supplies and its not the case.

k well if allels failes see if thay will exchang the mother bord and prosseser thats all thats left thats all i know to do sorry if i cant help

Have you tried to pull the works out of the tower and lay it on a box and use a jumper for power and only have your CPU and ram and video on the board with the CPU fan of course and try to power it up.
Do you have any external divides plugged in. Try to u plug your keyboard and mouse to see what happens. It will probably halt on keyboard error but i would try it anyway.

Last edited:
Hey im pretty new here but have been exploring here as well as reddit. So let me post my problem here as i cant figure it out.

I just built a new gaming rig(desktop). and here are the specs i am using.

AMD8150 Processor

Asetek water cooling(came with the processor)

2x8gb sticks of Ripjaw G.skill x series 240 pin DDR3.

Motherboard is a Gigabyte 970A-D3

im running a 850 watt power supply.

a 1 Terrabyte Hard drive 72 rpm 64 cache i think.

standard asus dvd cd reader

And for the case im using COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN2 CM690 II advanced.

Nvida 660 TI
Now to start everything is pretty crammed in there (not good i know).

But the problem i am having is getting to post, the motherboard makes a Beep when its on and the cooling light turns on fan all the fans spin it starts to go into post and then it stops everything turns of the fans everything(except the cooler lights).

I have a caveman basic knowledge of putting together a computer and i pretty much just put things where they fit. i will post pictures and a video later.

I'd try taking it out of the case and see if maybe something is causing a short, also listen to the beep or any type of error code and search your motherboard online for codes. Had a friend who got a faulty motherboard and it wouldn't get into BIOS, but came up with at least the pre-bios setup and would hang on the last step. Anyways it sounds like to me that the mobo was doa, if you have another cpu to try I would try it, but from my knowledge mobo's have a lot higher doa rate then cpus. I'd contact Gigabyte support and setup a rma.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom