GPU Benchmark site

Blabagas

Baseband Member
So I am hoping to get a HD 7770 sometime, and was wondering how accurate you guys think this site is in terms of gpu performance. If it is rubbish, why and what is a better/best site?

that graph shows the 580 ( and a lot other not as good cards ) beating a 690... completely disregard that entire website...

i like Guru3d.com, hardwarecunucks, tomshardware. but i mostly use guru3d.

If you want comprehensive performance reports, guru3d gets my vote too.

I use AnandTech for comparisons:
AnandTech - Bench - GPU12

If you just want a tiered list, I like OCN's:
Graphics Card Ranking (5th Time And Last) (Updated Daily)

The only thing I dislike about AnandTech sometimes is when they do a OC version of a card vs a first model reference and don't tell you. When it clearing shows. IE: Was a test with 660ti beating a 670 in near every test. Didn't label the cards accordingly. Otherwise love them.

So I am hoping to get a HD 7770 sometime, and was wondering how accurate you guys think this site is in terms of gpu performance. If it is rubbish, why and what is a better/best site?

What is your current GPU and what is your budget?

Last edited:
I use the charts on Toms Hardware and then just google around and look at dozens of sites to see if there are any fluctuations in performance (ie incorrect testing parameters, methods, etc)

the thing i like most about Guru3D is that they have been using the same test bench hardware for all their benches for a long time. you get consistency. also remember, you cant compare one sites benchmarks with anothers. for example, on Guru3d, in Far cry 3 a 7970 may get a certain max FPS, then the same card benched from a different site got a different fps. Guru3d is my go-to bench/review site.

Every setup and install is going to get a difference FPS, as would my setup in the benches I do for my site. Each bench run itself on the same hardware is going to fluctuate on the average FPS so in theory they are supposed to do multiple runs then average out the bottom line.

What I do is I Google search the card in question IE 660ti review, then go down the lists of each site on the first page. I also then head on over to my site to see what my guys get and go from there. Since I've been doing that so long I can pretty much tell you what card is going to beat what as sites like Guru3D and Techpowerup have a huge list of multiple cards to compare against for each bench.

In regards to the OPs question, that list is terrible and please don't use that site of the list off PCMark either for GPU performance.

Every setup and install is going to get a difference FPS, as would my setup in the benches I do for my site. Each bench run itself on the same hardware is going to fluctuate on the average FPS so in theory they are supposed to do multiple runs then average out the bottom line.

What I do is I Google search the card in question IE 660ti review, then go down the lists of each site on the first page. I also then head on over to my site to see what my guys get and go from there. Since I've been doing that so long I can pretty much tell you what card is going to beat what as sites like Guru3D and Techpowerup have a huge list of multiple cards to compare against for each bench.

In regards to the OPs question, that list is terrible and please don't use that site of the list off PCMark either for GPU performance.

I like their CPU list just because it has so many processors on it. Not sure if its at all accurate or even matters really, for gaming highly doubtful but it's nice to look at compared to some other charts lol.

Back
Top Bottom