Compatible check

Next issue:
200 dollar budget

23" screen (Thinking about 140)
wireless mouse (thinking 20 maybe logitech)
mouse pad(thinking 20)
wireless adapter (20)

Newegg and amazon only please...

Even if you have to you can move mouse pad to like 10 and get a 30 dollar wireless mouse...or any combo....

Please no wireless mouse >.< You'll regret it later. Especially a 20 dollar one. I'll see what I can do for you though, reply back in a few minutes.

Monitor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001546

^ Free Shipping

Mouse

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-910-...57BY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1330202569&sr=8-6

Not too experienced in wireless mice as I don't like them, but Logitech is always a safe bet for any device.

Adapter

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166054

Can personally recommend this one.

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/wireless-adapters/work-and-play/WNA3100.aspx

I've had this for around a year and it's always worked perfectly. Unless you have Google Fiber it will work great. I picked mine up at Walmart for like 30 dollars.

As for a mouse pad for a cheap price, I love my steel series mouse pad.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...00007655 50001674&IsNodeId=1&name=SteelSeries

Any from here will be good. The graphic mouse pads don't cause laser mice any issues like some have in the past.

Anyhow, without the mouse pad it should be around 200 dollars, I wouldn't cheap out on a monitor or mouse, You can always buy a mouse pad later, laser mice work on just about any desk, or couch lol. I use some of my laptop mice on my leg couch etc. Desks work great.

Last edited:
Please no wireless mouse >.< You'll regret it later. Especially a 20 dollar one. I'll see what I can do for you though, reply back in a few minutes.

Monitor

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG B300 Series S23B300B Black 23" 5ms GTG Widescreen LED Monitor 250 cd/m2 Mega Infinity DCR(1000:1)

^ Free Shipping

Mouse

Amazon.com: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse: Electronics

Not too experienced in wireless mice as I don't like them, but Logitech is always a safe bet for any device.

Adapter

Newegg.com - Rosewill RNX-N250PC2 (RNWD-12001) IEEE 802.11b/g/n, PCI, Wireless-N Adapter (2T2R) Up to 300Mbps Data Rates, 64/128 bit WEP, complies with WPA/WPA2 standard (TKIP/AES), IEEE 802.1X

Can personally recommend this one.

WNA3100

I've had this for around a year and it's always worked perfectly. Unless you have Google Fiber it will work great. I picked mine up at Walmart for like 30 dollars.

As for a mouse pad for a cheap price, I love my steel series mouse pad.

Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Input Devices, Mouse Pads & Accessories, SteelSeries

Any from here will be good. The graphic mouse pads don't cause laser mice any issues like some have in the past.

Anyhow, without the mouse pad it should be around 200 dollars, I wouldn't cheap out on a monitor or mouse, You can always buy a mouse pad later, laser mice work on just about any desk, or couch lol. I use some of my laptop mice on my leg couch etc. Desks work great.

For that monitor I see a ton of complaints about the cables... Will I get the cable to plug it in WITH the monitor?

For that monitor I see a ton of complaints about the cables... Will I get the cable to plug it in WITH the monitor?

There is nothing wrong with the cables or the connection of the monitor, the guy simply didn't have the right cable when he went to plug it in to his monitor then to his GPU. There are different types of DVI he simply had the wrong cable.

This monitor supports DVI-D a lot support multiple types that allow analog signal as well as digital, this only has Digital which is better so it's not a problem it's just simply he didn't know when buying it.

The monitor only comes with a VGA cable by default as do 90% of monitors you buy so in order to get a digital signal (better picture) you need to buy a DVI-D cable.
Like this. Click

I'm sure you can find a cheaper one that is shorter if need be.

Just from my opinion DVI doesn't look that much better then VGA. At least on my monitors. You can tell but it's nothing to fuss about.

Digital signal is clearer and supports a higher resolution. Not only that, but no scaling needed. Most monitors with both the VGA and DVI port come with both cables. I have never bought a monitor that did not come with the cables necessary besides HDMI.

Digital signal is clearer and supports a higher resolution. Not only that, but no scaling needed. Most monitors with both the VGA and DVI port come with both cables. I have never bought a monitor that did not come with the cables necessary besides HDMI.

so does this monitor come with it...maybe im blind

Damn, I'm unlucky then, 2 Samsung monitors, 1 Hanns-G, 1 AOC none came with a DVI cable. What is the maximum resolution supported by VGA, never ran into an issue before.

so does this monitor come with it...maybe im blind

No it doesn't. You'd have to buy one.

Edit: I guess the maximum resolution for VGA is something around 2k at 85 fps. Since the monitor is 1080P, You will be fine with VGA if you didn't want to buy the DVI-D Cable. The quality difference isn't anything to cry about not having. If you ever buy a 2k+ monitor though you'll have to go DVI/DisplayPort/HDMI.

Last edited:
Damn, I'm unlucky then, 2 Samsung monitors, 1 Hanns-G, 1 AOC none came with a DVI cable. What is the maximum resolution supported by VGA, never ran into an issue before.

No it doesn't. You'd have to buy one.

Edit: I guess the maximum resolution for VGA is something around 2k at 85 fps. Since the monitor is 1080P, You will be fine with VGA if you didn't want to buy the DVI-D Cable. The quality difference isn't anything to cry about not having. If you ever buy a 2k+ monitor though you'll have to go DVI/DisplayPort/HDMI.

does my graphics card have a vga slot? (Sorry im really bad with keyboards,mice.monitors...)

Most video cards or motherboards come with a vga to dvi adapter. I'd just get the DVI-D cable though. Can probably get a 4 foot one for 5 bucks. That one does not so you can use this Link or just buy a DVI-D Cable Link I'd reccomend this one though for a dollar more Link , You get 3 extra feet for a buck more and that can REALLY come in handy.

Woops I didn't answer your question, no your video card doesn't have a VGA slot. It has 1x DVI-I Dual Link, 1x HDMI 2x Mini Display Port

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom