What fans are in my Rosewell Challenger!

steve10765

Daemon Poster
Hi, I'm looking to get a fan that has more CFM and is quieter than my stock computer fans! But I need to know what fans are in my Rosewill Challenger USB 3.0 case. I tried looking them up but I haven't found much, I am pretty sure the fan I want to replace is a whopping 75CFM 2000RPM fan. If it is this fan then I would like to know if there are any fans I could replace it with.

To sum this up,
Is this the fan in my computer? (THIS QUESTION IS VERY IMPORTANT)
Are there any better fans you would recommend?

thanks, I looked up the gentle typhoons that you recomemnded awhile go and i didnt find anything above 70cfm on amazon. Now that i think about it, its probably my CPU that is making my pc so loud, I have turned off the other fans and its still loud, IT MUST be the CPU, I mean its and AMD X4 stock cooler, which I have heard can make a good amount of noise. I might make a thread here just to make sure it may not be something else,
so my front fan is 28db
2 side fans 30db
1 top fan 25db
1 back fan 28 db
GPU max is 29db

I am not sure if its because of my cpu or because I have 4 fans blowing air out and 1 intake fan... it may be that because on the outside of the outake fans you can feel the air sucking in, and there is a dust ring around where the air is sucked in...

Last edited:
98 m³/h is 57CFM at 28db at 1850RPM. They have Gentle Typhoon fans that go up to 5400RPM, which will be well above 70CFM. That Slipstream in the first link is 110CFM at 1900RPM.

98 m³/h is 57CFM at 28db at 1850RPM. They have Gentle Typhoon fans that go up to 5400RPM, which will be well above 70CFM. That Slipstream in the first link is 110CFM at 1900RPM.

hmm... 37db
almost twice as loud as my current fan(29db)
hmmm... I am currently trying to find out how much noise my cpu makes to see if it would be worth getting a better and quieter heatsink with fan

If you have a smart phone download the decibel app. It's pretty accurate.

37db is damn quiet, and double your current fan would be 60, not 40. Normal talking is around 60db. There is 70-80db coming through my open door right now from the road and I can't hear any of the noise over my headphones while gaming.

Anyways, with more airflow there will be more noise on smaller 120MM fans. If you wanted quiet with a ton of airflow you should have got a better case that supported fans in the 200MM+ range.

If you have a smart phone download the decibel app. It's pretty accurate.

37db is damn quiet, and double your current fan would be 60, not 40. Normal talking is around 60db. There is 70-80db coming through my open door right now from the road and I can't hear any of the noise over my headphones while gaming.

Anyways, with more airflow there will be more noise on smaller 120MM fans. If you wanted quiet with a ton of airflow you should have got a better case that supported fans in the 200MM+ range.

I am pretty sure DB go like this, 20 is twice as loud as 10db, 30db is twice as loud as 20db, 40db is twice as loud as 30db. it doubles every 10 db, also do you know the name of the app you use? its no biggie

Twice as loud would be twice as loud. Considering talking normally is about 60db then the difference between 20 and 40 will probably be hardly audible.

Name of the app for Android is sound meter.

My computer is about a foot from me and with my phone sitting in front of me typing it is peaking about 80db while no typing idles around 55db. That is with 5 fans in my machine not including the 3 on my GPU which you literally can't hear. I'm sure 2 or 3 37db fans wouldn't be that loud at all considering the amount of CFM you are getting. I don't see why you want such a silent PC anyways.

Twice as loud would be twice as loud. Considering talking normally is about 60db then the difference between 20 and 40 will probably be hardly audible.

Name of the app for Android is sound meter.

My computer is about a foot from me and with my phone sitting in front of me typing it is peaking about 80db while no typing idles around 55db. That is with 5 fans in my machine not including the 3 on my GPU which you literally can't hear. I'm sure 2 or 3 37db fans wouldn't be that loud at all considering the amount of CFM you are getting. I don't see why you want such a silent PC anyways.

sorry, i now realize i was thinking a 37db would be twice as loud as my pc, but i forgot that its my cpu that wont shut up, stupid stock amd! anyway im looking for a cpu cooler, probably going to go with the hyper evo that evry amd 965 person loves, its great becasue i get lower noise and better temps.

Back
Top Bottom